raw sex
      #7631 - 07/25/00 10:41 PM

what would the life expectancy of a poz person having raw sex be

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
gregg629
Unregistered

Re: raw sex new
      #7742 - 07/28/00 10:45 AM

I'm not sure I understand your question? I would assume it all depends on if the poz person is on meds and taking them reliably. Anyone who is HIV infected and having unprotected sex stands the chance of picking up strains of the virus that have mutated and are not effected by the meds, so taking that into consideration it should be something to worry about, but I doubt there is any data to give any kind of firm dates. Can you be more specific on what you are wanting to know? I have been poz for over a year. My BF and I still have unprotected sex with eachother and with friends. I don't want to get into a debate over bareback, it's my choice and theirs. I don't have unprotected sex with neg guys nor am I into bug chasers or gift giving. Like my friends I am an adult who chooses bareback, I take my meds regurally and so far have been healthy. I hope this helps you some, if not, please ask your question again and I will answer it better.

Gregg

If you want, you can e-mail me at gregg629@aol.com and I'll talk more with you about this

uchoose
Unregistered

#7766 - 07/29/00 12:45 AM

Hey thanks for reply....I guess my question of length of life expectancy in regard to raw sex involves the degree of risk of exposure to other hiv strains, any other of the several stds, various forms of hepatitis, etc. If one has hiv and is exposed to another illness which draws the immune system's attention away from hiv, the hiv will be given a chance to progress further, faster, harder, and at the very least necessitating the need for meds in someone whose immune system was functioning properly prior. If two people want to engage in raw sex, let them, but I don't think most people realize that it is a pretty sure way to speed up disease progession. Why isn't this being shouted out there????

GaryNPA
Regular

Reged: 08/01/00
      #7882 - 08/01/00 01:24 PM

I think this totally gets at personal choice. I cannot comment on how I will/would handle it because I am still neg. but have had a high risk exposure with someone 10 weeks ago that was poz, but didnt share that info assuming that if I was willing to have unprotected sex, that logically meant I must be poz also. I think I'd go on the side of saying that if I were poz, I'd choose to be safe all the time to avoid picking up anything else along the line that would cause my immune system to have to work to get rid of.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#7950 - 08/03/00 07:23 PM

ilove yog

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8015 - 08/06/00 10:00 AM

> what would the life expectancy of a poz person having raw sex be?

In Steven Gendin's case 34 years.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134192 - 02/08/05 03:44 PM

you are not alone

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8376

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3