Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Char
Unregistered

Alcohols effect on progression
      #64056 - 04/20/03 06:12 PM

Hello,
I am 27 and I was just diagnosed positive on March 4 of this year. I am trying to educate myself as much as possible and I have been reading a great deal about nutrition and it's effect on the progression of the disease. I, however, have not seen much about consuming alcohol.

I realize that it is not healthy in general to consume alcohol but I wonder if anyone can tell me it's specific effect on HIV positive individuals?

I do enjoy going out with friends occasionaly and drinking some. Again, I realize this is not ideal and I really should stop but I wonder how much this will really impact my health related to my HIV infection?

Thank you very much for your time and I most appreciate any advice that anyone can provide me.

My best to all of you,
Charles

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Alcohols effect on progression new
      #64062 - 04/21/03 08:28 AM

I never heard anyone say occasional use is not ok. I know heavy use is bad if you're using anit-HIV meds.
I just used the search thing on this site and found this
http://www.thebody.com/catie/alcohol.html
http://www.thebody.com/bp/drug.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

#64177 - 04/23/03 02:52 PM

I have been postive for 18 years. If I was you (knowing what I know now), I would 1) stop all alchohol, drug, dairy and meat 2) eat fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds at about 70% of your diet 3) exercise daily 4) quit any stressfl job, do what you love 5) avoid HIV drugs for as long as you can. YOu are in the unique situation to greatly impact the progression.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#64942 - 05/22/03 11:08 AM

greetings. am i too late to comment on alcohols effect on progression? anyhow, any substance that puts a strain on your physical and mental condition or zaps energy can contribute to compromsing your immune system's ability to fight hiv and therefore contribute to progression.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2262

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3