Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Art
Unregistered

Being Happy
      #45892 - 12/18/02 04:57 AM

Who ever said living was easy wasn´t very realistic. And I´m not trying to sound bitter. Living is simply THE EXPERIENCE and those who still have the chance must seek for meaning rather than just keep complaining all the time.
I´ve been reading some of the messages posted here and, no offense but, most of them are boring. The only thing that doesn´t hurt is being dead. So as long as we are here, please: LET´S BE HAPPY!
I´d love to be contacted by optimistic guys. I am a 35 years old Mexican guy. I live in Mexico. I am a teacher, which I enjoy a lot! I´m also interested in art. If you think you can share any of your interests with me please contact me. My e-mail is r2d2mora@yahoo.com

Arturo

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Being Happy new
      #45915 - 12/01/02 03:45 PM

You must understand that most of the people on this board are in love with the idea of 'AIDS', sickness and death. They only want to hear stories of killer viruses that defies all logic and act like something out of a Gothic novel.

They live in a World of darkness and fear the light.

jrcjr40
Unregistered

#46080 - 12/02/02 07:57 AM

Arturo, maybe you hit a nerve by using "boring," to describe the postings. Even your post could be categorized as negative, but at least you offered an alternative! Still, i was surprised that the only responses you recieved were (1)a gothic novel fan's attempt to write a book jacket blurb(they live in darkness and fear the light! hee-hee)and (2)some bulletin-board voyeur's critique, shallow but succinct:) Betcha my posting will result in a few "taste of my own medicine" replies( I hope). a good starting point would be my overuse of parentheses(:)) at least it won't be boring........oh, the point! Don't be discouraged, Arturo, you got the right idea. I'll email ya.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
The Experience new
      #46091 - 12/02/02 10:49 AM

Hey Arturo,

Two things you said caught my attention mostly because the contradict each other.

"Living is simply THE EXPERIENCE", and "So as long as we are here, please: LET´S BE HAPPY!"

If living is the experience then why not experience all forms of life, to only limit the form to being happy removes a ton of other emotions.

Life is about being happy, sad, angry, disillusioned, ecstatic and I could go on and on, but that would be considered boring I'm afraid.

I think however that most people come here to the boards when they are feeling the negative emotions; they are looking for support, for someone to remind them of the good things. There is no utopia, hence we are going to feel a number of things on a daily basis, it’s part of the experience.

What grade do you teach? Do any of your students know that you’re positive? How do you see being positive in Mexico in relation to being positive in the US.

As for me, I'm 36 live in Boston work as an Information Technology Manager, but volunteer at a local gay/lesbian youth center. While I like my full time job, I get the most joy and satisfaction from my volunteer work, the youth are great and remind me how much joy there is out there.

Gregg

Anonymous
Unregistered

#46342 - 12/03/02 11:31 AM

More bizarre writings from a deluded guy who wants to believe that AIDS is a myth. We all wish that AIDS never happened and does not threaten all of us who are sexually active, but most of us are sane enough to realize that AIDS is serious and is instead a serious disease that needs to be dealt with. Beware of guys with so much time on their hands that they post responses to every posting...(luckily this guy is always deleted).

Anonymous
Unregistered

#46461 - 12/04/02 01:32 PM

it's good to see someone who is optimistic. I try to have the same attitude. I mean in life we are hit with lots of negative and positive and we just have to deal with it with grace and humor. I mean I have lots of friends who died of AIDS and so I feel so fortunate every day to be alive and to be able to grow older and experience another summer, another winter, etc.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#48699 - 12/12/02 11:58 PM

..is NOT taking HAART

Invirase ® (Hoffmann-LaRoche)

Body as a whole: allergic reaction, chest pain, edema, fever, intoxication, parasites external, retrosternal pain, shivering, wasting syndrome, weight decrease.

Cardiovascular: Cyanosis, heart murmur, heart valve disorder, hypertension, hypotension, syncope, vein distended.

Endocrine/Metabolic: Dehydration, dry eye syndrome, hyperglycemia, weight increase, xerophthalmia.

Gastrointestinal: Cheilitis, constipation, dysphagia, eructation, feces bloodstained, feces discolorred, gastralgia, gastritis, gastrointestinal inflammation, gingivitis, glossitis, hemorrhage
rectum, hemorrhoids, hepatomegaly, melena, pain pelvic, painful defecation, pancreatitis, parotic disorder, salivary glands disorder, stomatitis, tooth disorder, vomiting.

Hematlogic: Anemia, microhemorrhages, pancytopenia, splenomegaly, thrombocytopenia.

Musculoskeletal: Arthralgia, arthritis, back pain, cramps muscle, musculoskeletal disorders, stiffness, tissue changes, trauma.

Neurological: Ataxia, bowel movements frequent, confusion, convulsions, dysarthria, dysesthesia, heart rate disorder, hyperesthesia, hyperreflexia, hyporeflexia, mouth dry, numbness face,
pain facial, paresis, poliomyelitis, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy, spasms, tremor.

Psychological: Agitation, amnesia, anxiety, depression, dream excessive, euphoria, hallucination, insomnia, intellectual ability reduced, irritability, lethargy, libido disorder, overdose effect,
psychotic disorder, somnolence, speech disorder.

Reproductive System: Prostate enlarged, vaginal discharge.

Resistance Mechanism: Abscess, angina tonsillaris, candidiasis, hepatitis, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, infection bacterial, infection mycotic, infection staphylococcal, influenza,
lymphadenopathy, tumor.

Respiratory: Bronchitis, cough, dyspnea, epistaxis, hemoptysis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, pneumonia, respiratory disorder, rhinitis, sinusitis, upper respiratory tract infection.

Skin and Appendages: Acne, dermatitis, dermatitis seborrheic, eczema, erythema, folliculitis, furunculosis, hair changes, hot flushes, photosensitivity reaction, pigment changes skin, rash
maculopapular, skin disorder, skin nodule, skin ulceration, sweating increased, urticaria, verruca, xeroderma.

Special Senses: Blepharitis, earache, ear pressure, eye irritation, hearing decreased, otitis, taste alteration, tinnitus, visual disturbance.

Urinary system: Micturition disorder, urinary tract infection.

Crixivan ® (Merck, Sharp & Dohme)

Body As A Whole/Site Unspecified: Abdominal distention, chest pain, chills, fever, flank pain, flu-like illness, fungal infeciton, malaise, pain, syncope.

Cardiovascular System: Cardiovascular disorder, palpitation.

Digestive System: Acid regurgitation, anorexia, aphthous stomatitis, cheilitis, cholecystitis, cholestasis, constipation, dry mouth, dyspepsia, eructation, flatulence, gastritis, gingivitis,
glossodynia, gingival hemorrhage, increased appetitie, infectious gastroenteritis, jaundice, liver cirrhosis.

Hemic and Lymphatic System: Anemia, lymphadenopathy, spleen disorder.

Metabolic/Nutritional/Immune: Food allergy.

Musculoskeletal System: Arthralgia, back pain, leg pain, myalgia, muscle cramps, muscle weakness, musculoskeletal pain, shoulder pain, stiffness.

Nervous system and Psychiatric: Agitation, anxiety, anxiety disorder, bruxism, decreased mental acuity, depression, dizziness, dream abnormality, dysesthesia, excitement, fasciculation,
hypesthesia, nervousness, neuralgia, neurotic disorder, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, sleep disorder, somnolence, tremor, vertigo.

Respiratory System: Cough, dyspnea, halitosis, pharyngeal hyperemia, pharyngitis, pneumonia, rales/rhonchi, respiratory failure, sinus disorder, sinusitis, upper respiratory infection.

Skin and Skin Appendage: Body odor, contact dermatitis, dermatitis, dry skin, flushing, folliculitis, herpes simplex, herpes zoster, night sweats, pruritus, seborrhea, skin disorder, skin
infection, sweating, urticaria.

Special Senses: Accommodation disorder, blurred vision, eye pain, eye swelling, orbital edema, taste disorder.

Urogenital System: Dysuria, hematuria, hydronephrosis, nocturia, premenstrual syndrome, proteinuria, renal colic, urinary frequency, urinary tract infection, urine abnormality, urine
sediment abnormality, urolithiasis.

filliesandmares
Unregistered

#48847 - 12/13/02 03:03 PM

It's too bad you live in Mexico. I am HIV+ and have not had any problem being upbeat. In fact,since I sero-converted, my whole attitude has changed. I am definitely more positive. I don't think I have ever been more positive about my life.
I read that you like art. Well I can unequivocally say that I like to admire it. I love music; especially classical and progressive jazz. Take care!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7233

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3