Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Number ONE cause of Death
      #40623 - 09/23/02 02:30 PM

Hey, isn't it sad in the terror days of anti-retroviral therapy and Junk Science brought to you by the members of AIDS Inc., that the number one cause of death in AIDS patients today is LIVER FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!

Boy isn't that a surprise? I really hope the CDC doesn't try to add LIVER FAILURE on the litany of AIDS defining diseases, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Number ONE cause of Stupidity new
      #40626 - 09/23/02 02:49 PM

Maybe you should read more of the article? You only seem to put the parts that say what you want to hear in your posts. I also wonder why this is un-true? The article you are stating this from says that they need to do more research on the possibility of AIDS drugs causing liver failure and death. A good relationship with your medical professional will always look at liver and kidney functions and make sure the levels are not getting to high. Are any of you “Realists” actually HIV+, because you seem to be really ignorant against stuff you do not seem to understand. I really hope you "Realists" or what ever you call yourselves now are not HIV Positive. It would be a shame to see you change your mind when your immune system is gone and the only thing that will keep you alive is the medications and the doctors you seem to despise so. I have known many that were "Realists" (but that isn’t what they called them selves at that time) that are no longer with us, and many that if it weren’t for the medications they so despised and preached against would also have passed away. It is funny how many that do not even have this disease can preach that it is a myth to those of us that do and know what it is capable of doing. You say that you are attempting to open up people’s eyes to the doctors and pharmaceutical companies trying to get rich. Because I have been HIV+ for so long and seen much, I see the doctors and Pharmaceutical companies trying to help keep us that are HIV+ alive to live a long productive life.
Maybe the trailer doesn’t have wheels and you call it a Manufactured Home, but you still seem like trailer trash with your closed minded opinions on things you try to make it sound like you know, when you do not actually know anything.

The G-Man

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Number ONE cause of Stupidity new
      #40634 - 09/23/02 04:11 PM

Typical of the "AIDS" orthodoxy to quote statement after statement of anecdotal evidence. Please make reference to the so-called Dissidents who got sick and died and I will show you a list 100 fold of those poisoned to death by the establishment you claim saves lives.

A fruit fly can conclude that the HIV meds are causing death, they don't need to investigate LIVER FAILURE. How absurd.

Simple logical reasoning will answer many questions. The CDC says now for years that the (US) HIV population is about one million. They also claim that only about 20% of this population is treating their disease with the antiretrovirals. Now, if we are not seeing an increase in AIDS cases now for several years, and this forecast is over the latency period of HIV to AIDS, then why aren't we seeing the majority of medication naive HIV positive population coming down with AIDS defining illnesses in the emergency rooms?

LMAO

There are no slow viruses, just slow virologists!

P.S. HIV + now 12 years strong and never an illness and never a pill popped! (recreational or AIDS meds)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40864 - 09/26/02 09:35 PM

You are lucky not to be on meds. I would have died if I didn't take meds that have extended my life so far. Maybe I will die of Liver Failure in the future, but I would not have lived to see this "future" without the meds.
I hope you continue on without them.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40951 - 09/28/02 03:45 PM

Irresposibility! It is so frustrating to read postings advocating that antviral medications are unnecessary. Great! you are the "lucky" ones who dont (yet) neet to take antivirals. The fact still remains that without these medicines most people will progress to AIDS. In fact some have already been there and come back thanks to antiviral medication. So if liver failure occurs in 20 years rather than pneumonia in 6 years, I think that is progress. (Note: also, the article abut liver failure provides no mention of Hepatitis coinfection) So feel free to post your personal victories but it is irresponsible to advocate based on exceptions to the rule.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#54382 - 01/09/03 09:21 AM

Some people have suffered greater problems in connection to medications as some have suffered greatly without them.

I believe we come to an area of genetic predisposition environment current physical & mental health...
(Physical, mental and Emotional Stress has shown to lead to greater susceptibility to illness and/or the side effects of medication)

It seems like a half full or half empty situation.

The question of susceptibility..
we don't have all the answers to explain why while a,b,c does well on cocktail 1
why d,e,f might have complications in relation to it, and why xyz didn't ever need it.

There is a lot of research being done, reports coming out..
it's a slow process, getting the grants, doing the research, getting it out, and getting the rest of the arseholes in the world to believe it.

I've had friends who've had problems with medications, it wasn't so much the medication itself as the problems of getting their doctors to listen to them.

(..This medication seems to be working, you're only "supposed" to be on on it for six months, but we're going to prescribe it to you for a year.)

Heh, a lot of the medications out there are pretty decent, but in turn most of the doctors out there are dumbasses.

(..not to say all doctors are dumbasses, but finding one in which you can comfortably interact with can be difficult.)

How many doctors does it take to change a light bulb?

Ok, so they'd probably have a nurse do it, because they haven't done it in ten something odd years, but the point radically off subject is I don't think one can't really blame the medications as much as the dumbarse who doesn't listen to the patient or the "overall" results. I mean, there's so many ways to combat the disease pigeonholding it into just fixed cocktails (because it worked on patient a,b,c) without exploring other options WITH the patient. while a,b,c,d,e,f all have the same disease individual response + environment + etc = different results, even in similar cases.

Treating the patient vs treating the symptoms of the disease) So, uh, can we argue about bush now?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sci_tech/highlights/011025_ccr5.shtml

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2927

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3