Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Models
      #40031 - 09/14/02 04:47 PM

They say that being HIV+ and on meds can change how you look. Not to sound vain or anything, but has anybody been able to maintain their muscular physique like some of the poster models for some of the drug company. I am very interested in publishing something on this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Models new
      #40038 - 09/14/02 08:43 PM

The h.i.v. poster models probably don't have h.i.v. to begin with.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Not role Models new
      #40043 - 09/14/02 09:19 PM

They use this sad tacktic to sell drugs and make it look glamourous and somehow "empowering". These companies have no morals lets face it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40124 - 09/16/02 05:27 AM

hi there! just saw your message on "the body" regarding models! my boyf has recently found out he is hiv+ and still has a muscular physique! he would love to get into modelling and i would love to help him!! cheers xx

gregg629
Regular

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #40136 - 09/16/02 03:10 PM

First of all Advertising is just that. Have you ever seen a Burger Ad? Ever wonder why that Burger King BK-Special just never looks like it does in the Ad? The drug companies are trying to put a positive image on their products, it's what they do and it's what every company out there does that's trying to sell something.

NOW I have been positive for going on 4 years and have been on meds the entire time, I'm on Sustiva and Combivir. I have been working out 5 days a week for the last 12 months and have a very good physique. Not to sound vain or anything. It's taken hard work and commitment and in my opinion I still have a ways to go to get the body that I want. Do I look like a CK underwear ad no, but am I in good shape with good muscle tone, yes. My goal is to have a 6 pack by next year.

So if you want to know more feel free to e-mail me.

Gregg629@aol.com

Gregg

kl85

Reged: 08/29/01
Loc: Oregon, USA
      #40155 - 09/16/02 07:03 PM

HIV positive 17+ years. On meds 4. One of the first things I noticed about survivors years ago was the fact that they exercised. So, I always have. I am not a non-progressor, and have had CD4 counts in the single digits. But I look closer to a CK underwear ad than not....partially genetics, the rest working out 2-3 days a week 45 mins.- 1 hr. for many years. At 42, soon to be 43, I can still catch even a straight man's eye sometimes.

So, is it possible? Yes. Can just anyone do it? No. But, being the best you can, regardless of the level of eyewash, counts for more volumes than the most eye attractive physique that you can think of. Some of them have attitude problems that offset their striking good looks, leaving them rather common and as my grandmother says, "plain".

shadow

Reged: 04/12/02
Loc: Ohio
      #40266 - 09/17/02 10:03 PM

That's right. Look at how drug companies flood the media with ads' that basicly say anybody who's anybody takes their newest drug, like it's the latest fashion accessory. 10 years ago you never saw commericals on t.v. for prescription drugs.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#40273 - 09/17/02 11:24 PM

I have also noticed that they, the drug companies are now using the same approach they used for aids drugs to sell other drugs like praxil (under a new name of course). They are very missleading and give a false sense of hope and wellness. Its like religion in a pill.

ART
Unregistered

#45887 - 12/01/02 01:11 PM

I don´t know about having the model look, but I´ve gained over 40 pounds this year. I have always been considered to be a very slim guy. But last year I went down to 128 pound being six feet tall. Imagine. I started working out this year and I´ve paid closer attention to my meals. The result: Everyone tells me I´ve never looked better in my life.

Geronimo
Unregistered

Same here new
      #78944 - 12/03/03 08:10 PM

Congratulations, man. Same thing's happenned to me. Two years ago I went down to 125 lbs. (I'm 5'11). I am now 175. How about that? Contact me please.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3783

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3