Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best Ways to Develop Support
      #37692 - 07/31/02 12:50 PM

I'm 30 y/o, newly poz (May '02) looking for advice on developing some support networks. I recently moved to a mid-size midwest city, so I'm basically surrounded by strangers. I've got a few lifelines always availible by phone that helped me pull through the first couple of months. My numbers are good, my attitude is great, but I know that I need to find some long-term supporative folks. What's the best way to reach out and try to make connections relative to being poz?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Best Ways to Develop Support new
      #37713 - 07/31/02 05:41 PM

It would be great if you could say what city you are from...there are lots of AIDS organizations you can go to, depending on where you live. YOu can join a support group there or volunteer! Also it depends on if you are gay or straight, male or female...there are lots of support groups for each possibility.

bob jr
Unregistered

Re: Best Ways to Develop Support new
      #37742 - 08/01/02 04:56 PM

i know just how you feel and what you ae going through i moved to a small town in n. oregon two years ago after finding out the i was poz , it was a big change for me after living in a lardge cuty for many years , it was a lonley time but now have some great freinds and have been instamental in starting a support group for hiv poz men , i would live to hear from you , please feel free to email me any time , my email address is rfsinorg2002@yahoo.com . my name is bob , good luck to you !!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1711

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3