Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Poz/Neg Relationship
      #3619 - 04/20/00 05:56 PM

I am in a long-term relationship...I am POZ, my partner is NEG. We have been together for over 2 years now, and in our relationship I am the "bottom". Now, I am all for barebacking, and have done it a few times with other POZ guys (this stopped the instant I read the POZ article on the Super-Virus). I was with guys who were like me, very high t-cells and undetectable viral load. My counts are: 708 T-Cells, and no detectable Viral Load or under 25 per mL. My question is this...my lover hates condoms as much as I do...must be why I'm POZ now...but irregardless, he is strictly top. It was his choice as much as mine, and his risk as much as mine (so lets bypass any lectures please). I have known many couples where I live that are like me, and their top partner has remained NEG the whole time they've been together. My partner is still NEG. At one point, my Doctor actually told me the real risk of me ever passing this on to someone is less than 2%. But this of course does not want to be taught to the general public, he says, because then everyone would be careless. Ok...my question...What are the true and real risks with all the current information, of my partner ever becoming infected with HIV? I didn't want to have to post this question, and I didn't want a lot of angry responses, I just want some real answers which I can't ever seem to get. Please help me with some real numbers and honest responses that I can understand. I would really appreciate it.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2028

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3