Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Eric
Unregistered

After 6 months of dating...
      #3375 - 04/06/00 08:00 PM

After 6 months of dating, he told me about his being positive.
I'm 30 years old, he's 27...It's one huge shocker for me.
I have, in the past 19 months lost my grandmother (who raised me)
my uncle (her son) and my best friend to an illness (thank goodness he isn't ill).
I knew there were some problems in our dating (no sex) but I NEVER considered it to be HIV, he's younger than me, he's healthy and from a small town, very conservative, where as i'm a city boy, i just never imagined that could be possible...anyway, now, after 6 months of spending time together and sleeping together (not sexually) i've grown to like him alot (i think i might be in love with him).
I'm only 1 of 3 people he's told and he's known for 3 years...
i'm worried that him keeping this a secret for so long, from not only me, but his family and friends, that this is only the beginning of some serious issues that i'm not sure i want to deal with...see, he didn't tell me on his own volition, i found a pill on the floor of my apt. when i confronted him, he denied it was his, after an hour, he sat me down to talk...we talked, the more we talked the further away he was going...so i said (without really knowing what i meant) I KNOW...then he told me...i'm in a tight corner...any advice?
IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A SUPPORT GROUP I CAN

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Peter
Unregistered

Re: After 6 months of dating... new
      #3376 - 04/06/00 08:00 PM

you have a lot to think about my dear boy.
good luck. choices are hard to make when
your up against this kind of wall.

George
Unregistered

Re: After 6 months of dating... new
      #3377 - 04/06/00 08:01 PM

Hi Peter. Sorry for what you are going through. I am positive and have been in your boyfriend's position. It's really tough to tell someone you are dating for fear of rejection. But you sound like a great guy and want to get help. There have to be a couple of groups to help you in LA. I live in NYC and here we have GMHC and Body Positive that provide counseling for you, your partner or both of you together. Also check the bulletin board at the LA Gay and Lesbian Community Center. Good luck! >After 6 months of dating, he told me about his being positive.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2312

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3