Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
micha

Reged: 05/01/02
living with hiv
      #33479 - 05/01/02 12:47 PM

I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH HIV COMING 5 YEARS AS OF MAY 14, 2002. I WAS IN A STABLE RELATIONSHIP WITH MY PARTNER OF 6 YEARS. HE WAS FIRST DIAGNOSED IN 1996. SO I KNOW THAT HE WAS HIV POSITIVE. THEN A YEAR LATER I DEVELOPED PCP AND DID NOT KNOW ABOUT IT. I ALMOST DIED FROM IT. WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND WAS ADMITTED STAYED 11 DAYS AND WAS ON TREATMENT WITH BACTRIM AND CRIXIVAN AND COMBIVIR. 5 YEARS LATER MY CD4 IS 777 AND VIRAL LOAD IS UNDECTABLE. I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH HIGH TRYCLIRIDE AND CHOLESTORAL. I AM TAKING LESCAL FOR IT. GAINED TO MUCH WEIGHT NOW 190 INSTEAD OF 175. MY PARTNER AND I ARE STILL TOGETHER AND WILL CELEBRATE 8 YEARS TOGETHER IN JULY. WE ARE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER. IT IS SAD THAT IT TOOK THIS TO BRING US CLOSER TOGETHER. HE IS ALSO DOING VERY WELL.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: living with hiv new
      #34295 - 05/14/02 03:21 AM

hi there I was on crivixavan and zerit and epiver then my dr switched me to ritonavir and after that my trglicides and cholesterol shot up to the sky over 900 he took me off the zerit and epivir and put me on combivir and ziagen in one pill and now I take two pills a day undetectable for over 4 years havent checked my chelestrol lately but maybe that could be a soloution? or youcould ask question about lymphodistropy which is the name of it. sorry about all the mispelling but didnt have time to look up the correct spelling
thanks

flmikeeee

Reged: 05/21/02
Re: living with hiv new
      #34603 - 05/21/02 09:32 AM

Just to let you know that I have had that problems also. your diet will have a lot to do with it. I went on a fish/chicken diet, no red meat, flax seed oil,salads, and fresh vegetable,not cannned. My Tri/Chol came down with in 4 months with out any more pills to take. I am one of those whose body reject chol/tri pills. Niacin will help, but if you take large dose it makes it worse. Good luck..

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2208

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3