Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Broderick
Unregistered

searching for HIV+ LDS in Chicago
      #3319 - 04/06/00 06:31 PM

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with HIV September 1998. This was 3 short years after I came out. I have had a lot to deal with, especially since I come from an LDS background. I am looking for other people in the Chicago area who are both LDS and HIV+. I am not interested in judgements or "constructive criticism", but for friends.

My wife and children are dealing well with my diagnosis. They are all negative. They are looking out fo rmy health and well being, but can only do so much.

In case you are wondering, I am from the generation the LDS church leaders told to get married, as that would cure Homosexual desires. HA!

I look forward to any help in finding contacts and friends in the Chicago area!

Thanks,

Broderick

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bob Long
Unregistered

Re: searching for HIV+ LDS in Chicago new
      #3321 - 04/06/00 06:32 PM

Hi!

Sorry abouot posting twice I've never done this before. I'm not familiar with any LDS in Chicago but there are two resources that I can recommend. The first is the Church of the Open Door, United Church of Christ. The Pastor is Alma Crawford. address is 5954 S. Albany Ave. 60629. 773-778-3030. I know they have a very active ministry to persons with HIV disease. I am positive that Pastor Crawford would not only be of a great comfort to you and your family but would be able to help find other resources. My second resource is called "The Night Ministry". Sorry that I don't have a phone number but I know they are listed. Laura Lee is the Director and a wonderful and compasionate person. e-mail me direct if you just need to talk.

Michael
Unregistered

Re: searching for HIV+ LDS in Chicago new
      #3324 - 04/06/00 06:33 PM

Hello Broderick,
I dont have much time right now but I wanted to let you know I read your posting on this link and although I'm not from Chicago, I'd sure love to form a possible internet friendship. I, too, am LDS...in fact, my mother holds a high calling within the church. I was diagnosed poz in September 99' and have just started my medicine regime.
As I said, I dont have much time to write right now, but I'd sure love to hear from you. You can find my profile online for Headhntr3...it's a bit "racey" but you'll get the picture. Hope to talk with you soon

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2523

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3