Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Antwone
Unregistered

gay father with HIV
      #3284 - 04/06/00 03:54 PM

HI. My name is Antwone, I am 30 and a single gay father. I don't no what to do. I found out I had HIV 9 months ago and just found out my daughter was HIV positive also. She got it from me by sharing needles with me. I feel so trapped. I lost all my guy friends because I am gay, My mom and dad won't even talk to me because they think I am an irresponsible parent. My daughter is only 15 and living with this disease because of me. I am so deppressed and lonely. I am so grateful because my daughter doesn't hold it against me. Her mom abandoned her with me. She is a drug addict. I have been clean for 3 months. My daughter has been clean for 6 months. I just need your advice on what to do. It is just so hard to be a single gay parent
because of all the closed minded people in this world. Thank god my daughter is healthy right now.
Sincerely,
Antwone

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jerry Norville
Unregistered

Re: gay father with HIV new
      #3285 - 04/06/00 03:55 PM

Dear Sir,
Stop feeling guilty and burden with the situation. The HIV just is for both you and your daughter. Get involved with your faith
and self-confidence for this long stage in your life. You must believe you are a good person, working out your problems with
determination to resolve in drug problems of self-hate probelem. Also try to find a friend to help you through these times. HIV is
not the end of the world. Be good to yourself and your daughter, and please believe you and she a God's perfect children, and I
wish you love and happyness! Need to talk, send message and I will reply. Good Luck. Get Involved! Jerry

Dakota
Unregistered

Re: gay father with HIV new
      #3286 - 04/06/00 03:56 PM

To: Antwone,
My best advice is to connect with the neasrest aids/hiv foundation in your city. Since they have various departments to assist with hiv problems, that would be a good place to start. You would get the
support you need and meet others who are going through the same (or similar) things you are experiencing right now.Being alone with aids
and drug problems (past or present) isn't doing your immune system the best, since stress is the major factor in lowering one's ability
to fight this disease. The more people in your life, the better.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2423

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3