Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hiding KS lesions
      #31910 - 04/12/02 02:33 PM

Any hints about how to cover up KS lesions? Thanks!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Hiding KS lesions new
      #31934 - 04/12/02 07:58 PM

There is a make-up called Derma Blend, and it works great! I purchased mine through QVC.If you have trouble finding it let me know and i'll be happy to help you find it.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#31974 - 04/13/02 04:20 PM

How do you know what color to order if you get it from QVC?
Is it waterproof? I will be swimming and want it to stay on. Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks!

shadow
Regular

Reged: 04/12/02
Loc: Ohio
      #32009 - 04/14/02 12:17 AM

I bought a kit that contained four different shades: pale, light, medium, and dark. If one of those shades don't match your skin tone then you can mix a couple of shades to get the right color. I take the spatula and a little of two different shades and mix it on the back of my hand, and then put it on the areas that I want to cover. The kit also came with a spatula, cleanser to remove it, a brush, a tube of concealer for touching it up between applications and a powder that is used to "set" the Derma Blend once it is applied.If you run out of the "setting" powder you can use baby powder, but you have to use one or the other to make it stay on. It is water proof, but take caution when you dry off the areas where it is applied, because you can rub it off. Let me know if you have trouble finding it, or more questions.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32044 - 04/15/02 08:05 AM

I'm wondering if this will work for me. What do your KS lesions look like? Are they really dark? Flat or raised? Did they start out light and then get progressively darker? How much time does it take to mix this stuff to find the right color? My skin is so fair and my lesion really stands out. Do your lesions get darker when you take a hot shower or are overheated? Thanks for helping.

shadow
Regular

#32075 - 04/15/02 04:51 PM

It will hide lesions that are flat and the color of a light to medium bruise. It's really simple to mix. It's like mixing two different colors of paint with a brush on a flat surface, and since you said that you are fair skinned you might not have to mix colors at all. And if it still shows through there is an additional product that you can use before the derma blend, a green based make-up first then the derma blend.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#32120 - 04/16/02 07:56 AM

This might help since what I have is flat and probably the color of a medium bruise. I guess yours are flat too. Do you ever notice that the lesion gets darker when exposed to heat (like a hot bath)? I don't know if this is typical or if I am imagining it. I will try your suggestion. What kind of green based make up?

shadow
Regular

#32165 - 04/16/02 08:30 PM

mine never changed color, but i'm sure that they could just like when someone gets overheated and there face will turn red.
The green base make-up is like a typical make-up foundation, except it's green instead of a usual skin tone.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3777

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3