HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
jadef
Regular

Reged: 11/30/00
Loc: New York
Somebody know about?
      #28639 - 02/22/02 11:09 AM

I write at this moment because I am looking for information on the use of esteroids/anabolics in population HIV+. I am in considering the idea to begin to use them agains to reduce the waisting and to help me in my workout. I thanks for the opinion or suggestion that can have with relation to the use of these.

Take care,
Jose

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kl85
Regular

Reged: 08/29/01
Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Somebody know about? new
      #28929 - 02/26/02 08:55 PM

What I have read about the use of anabolic steroids has been kind of negative. Lots of risks for HIV+. I personally have used precourser growth hormone, called Priority 15, made by Priority One Vitamins. www.priorityonevitamins.com It helps energy tremenously, and weightlifting at the gym, I can see a definate muscle increase and have more strength & stamina. It doesn't seem to have negative effects, and costs $ 80.00 a month. I notice also that it helps with mental alertness.

I have seen in my bloodwork an improvement in the CBC counts and CD4 a small amount. The recommended is 5 days on, 2 days off, three months on, one month off. I have never been able to afford it to make it through a full course, but the effect seems to last. (Better with exercise though). It comes in capsule form, best taken on an empty stomach.

What started me was some of the information stating that it has the ability to help the Thymus gland (T-cell producer), and other parts of the hormonal systems. Since it is only a precourser, and your body has control, I thought it was worth a try. I was suffering from being run down by the meds, and growth hormone was not an option. What I have read about injected human growth hormone is that although it provides benefit, the duration of benefit is limited.

Remember that steroids in general will place more demands on a system that is already stressed.

For more info regarding steroid use, there are articles on the Body's website that I have seen about the subject.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2002

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3