The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
PozCountryBoy

Reged: 08/17/00
Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Anyone in the North Central Florida area?
      #26600 - 01/08/02 12:44 PM

I am desperately looking for guys around my age(27)in the North Central Flordia area. It seems that everyone I meet that is POZ is much older than I am. I want someone who is in the same situation as am I. Healthy, working, able to take care of themselves, becasue I want someone to talk about the day to day issues of being 20something and HIV positive...things like dating, revealing your status to friends, potential partners, your employer. And just some one to hang out with...yes I am single and I would prefer a POZ partner...but that is not the main purpose of this post. I just moved to Ocala, and I have very few friends here, and no one that is POZ.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SameInLA
Unregistered

Re: Anyone in the North Central Florida area? new
      #26763 - 01/09/02 04:36 PM

Hey bud, I found out two days before christmas - I'm having the same problem even in a big city like Los Angeles. The guys are older (and not that cute) Now I know that this sounds really bad of me but I want a guy around my own age interests and cute to just hang and have fun with - But who also realizes th emassive mood swings I'm gonna have and won't push me away at the first sign of wierdness - I was a cute athletic energetic spontaneous fun guy the day before I found out. I want that back and would like to meet someone in the same boat to take the journey together.

Anyone can email me direct at YngAndNew@aol.com and sorry if the above post angered anyone - Its just how I feel.
Hugs to all, we all need them.
D

PozCountryBoy

#26912 - 01/11/02 09:59 PM

I take it from the lack of responses that there A.) Is either no one my age or B.) No one in my area. I would like to thank all of you who took the time to read my posting. I wish all the best of luck, and I will keep you all in my prayers.

Carl

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26930 - 01/12/02 02:36 PM

Hi -

Can I offer some advice? Don't turn away the older guys if they have good intentions. Even though you may not want to date them, some can be nice and even introduce you to someone closer to your age that they know. And they can be a good source of support and information especially in your situation where you are new to Ocala. I live in Dallas, originally from Alabama so I'm familiar with your area.

Good luck.

Tom

PozCountryBoy

#26933 - 01/12/02 06:16 PM

Thank you for your advice. There are specific reasons I requested to meet guys my age, and dating and/or sex is not among them. I have had POZ friends older than myself and have found that they have no clue as to what I am going through. Also, the few older men that I have met locally, always started out as friends, but it always progressed to a situation that I was very uncomfortable with. I know that it is not fair to judge the whole based on a few, and it was not my intention to alienate anyone, but to try to find the people out there that are in the here and now with me. The ones who are trying to make it through there twenties. It's more of a mindset and mentality issue. I stopped going to a support group that I liked very much in the beginning, because I was tired of the bitching, and tired of guys who had stopped living and start to just exist, and I was the youngest one there by over 10 years. I have been at death's door and came back due to sheer will. Some may think that HIV effects everyone in similar ways, but when you are 23 and lying in a hospital bed and the doctor comes in and tells you that you only have a week to live, it has a very profound effect.

I don't want to hear "I've had it for 13+ years with no meds." or "I remember when it didn't even have name." That kind of support is all well and good, but it is depressing and it does not have one glimmer of resemblance to the situation that I am in.

I'm sorry if anyone has taken offense to what I have said. I merely put in a request and when no one was able to fullfill that request I thanked everyone who at least took the time to read the posting. I have made it for 4 years on my own, and not finding what I was looking for on this forum will not deter me one bit. I'm a fighter and a survivor.

I sincerely thank you all.

Carl

Anonymous
Unregistered

#26943 - 01/13/02 11:23 AM

Hi Carl -

I think I can understand what you mean - it helps when there is someone in a similar position going through the same things. You're at a different stage in your life.
I would say that a person gets out of something what they put into it but it sounds like you've tried that. I wish you luck in meeting some people close to your age soon.

I don't know how busy this site is, or if there are others. I'm new to all of this and trying to get in touch with people from Dallas, where I live, but not having much luck so far. I've noticed some of what you say about the number of years with no meds, etc. And have gotten not too much response for what is a difficult thing to go through right now. I know it was different and much harder 5+ years ago with new meds, etc. But it doesn't stop the avalanche of adjustments to be made and emotions to deal with. When I found out last month, I was sick, tcell was 149, and viral was > 750,000, so a little different to me than finding out with good numbers.

Good luck to you. If you know of any other web sites where people can make contact, I'd like to know.

Tom

Anonymous
Unregistered

#27101 - 01/16/02 11:21 AM

I live nearby and am 22. I will write to you at your other e-mail...

PozCountryBoy

#27294 - 01/22/02 11:24 PM

I still haven't recieved a response from you, but I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Carl

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4647

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3