Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Trav

Reged: 07/24/12
Loc: CA, USA
Looking for other gay male friends who are +
      #264869 - 07/25/12 07:11 AM

I'm looking for other gay male friends who are positive that I can chat with them about this as well other things. I'm 25 and live on my own. Send me a private message with your number or email and I'll text you. Sorry I dont like talking on the phone I prefer texting.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mentalgerm

Reged: 08/06/12
Loc: North Houston, Texas
Re: Looking for other gay male friends who are + new
      #265314 - 08/06/12 08:19 PM

Hey there Trav,
Like you i am a newly diagnosed gay male. I read another post of yours and it's the exact post i was going to put in because i am lost about it all as well. The moment they told me i was HIV pos i didnt believe them! It really did not hit me until almost a month later when my blood work came back and they said my T cells were extremely low and my "#'s" were far from where they need to be. Naturally i have been feeling down and weak but then they classified me as having AIDS. I flipped out! Suddenly HIV didnt seem so bad and i had all the feelings most have had. Anyways, thats what im dealing with now so i totally understand being scared and not having anyone around to talk to with the same issues. Send me an email sometime and we can chat.

David
echophase@yahoo.com
(i spend alot of time on facebook too if that helps)

pickles

Reged: 08/02/12
Loc: broken bow oklahoma
      #265320 - 08/06/12 11:38 PM

hey there trav
like you i am a newly diagnosed gay me im lost about of this as well the moment they told i tested for hiv pos i flipped out so i had another test done to make sure they wasnt lieing to me i tested hiv pos again i know what your going through i understand about being scared an not having anyone to talk to with that has the same issues so if u like send me and email sometime so we can chat on facebook as well

thanks michael roberts
michael_roberts74728@yahoo.com

njpozdad
Regular

Reged: 01/26/11
Loc: New Jersey, USA
      #265333 - 08/07/12 04:18 PM

Been poz for two years now.....doing well....would like to help.....my email is javahunk52@yahoo.com

razorcut

Reged: 09/05/12
Loc: Iowa
      #266326 - 09/06/12 07:20 PM

Good evening Mr. DAD,
Just wanted to say that was really nice of you to offer your help. Like you I too am a Dad so I totally get everything you have been going through juggling kids and a family life plus trying to have a relationship. As for the new guy on the block so to speak I would be happy to help in anyway I can. I remember when I first heard about my HIV+ and I too was flipping out however, I have gotten over it now and live a pretty normal life, whatever normal is for a Gay Dad LOL!!! I have been positive for 10 years now and I can tell you I feel pretty good. I am healthy, I eat right and I take care of myself the best I can. I too work full time juggle all of the daily things and still keep on smiling. So cheers to you and if the new guy ever wants to talk he is more then welcome or you too, hit me up with a email. Sincerely, ~~~William

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5823

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3