Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
LovingLife

Reged: 07/09/12
WORK
      #264445 - 07/09/12 04:54 AM

Hello. I was diagnosed on Thursday and have not been to work since. I just needed a little time to digest the info, and now I need to tell my boss something (but not everything) any suggestions on how to deal with this situation? Any advice would be helpful...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: WORK new
      #264495 - 07/10/12 12:09 PM

You don't have to tell your boss anything. But if you really feel the need to justify why you took a few days off , you can tell him you had a personal test to take , like a colonoscopy . And we all know that getting prepped for that can put you on the potty for a good couple of days. Make up stomach problems, blood in your stool. When it comes to poopie issues most people will just walk away from hearing details. lol

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Trav

Reged: 07/24/12
Loc: CA, USA
      #264866 - 07/25/12 06:32 AM

I was actaully on a leave of absence from work when I tested positive and I returned back to work last week on 07-16-12 and I haven't told my boss anything and I'll be honest my co workers has asked about what's going and I've lied and told them I have cancer.
I'm not saying you have to do that but I don't feel comfortable telling my job anything about being positive.
Right now me being at work isn't helping since I returned my sleep has been disrupted.

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #265116 - 08/01/12 11:16 AM

Give it all time to settle in within your spirit. You'll find that it falls back into place. I've been pos and working for 20 years. Sure there are my moments but just shake it off and continuing living your life. It gets smoother .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

njpozdad
Regular

Reged: 01/26/11
Loc: New Jersey, USA
      #265334 - 08/07/12 04:21 PM

You don't owe your employer any detailed explanation. You can just say you were dealing with a health issue and everyting is fine. It's none of their business about what you actaully are dealing with. I was very ill for about six months and I looked it too but I came into work every day and when I was diagnosed and started meds I bounced back and I am fine. When co-workers ask me what was wrong I tell them that I am fine and my health issue was taken care of. I have been poz for two years now. email me at javahunk52@yahoo.com if you need some advice...

LovingLife

Reged: 07/09/12
      #265553 - 08/17/12 08:19 PM

Thank you.

razorcut

Reged: 09/05/12
Loc: Iowa
      #266327 - 09/06/12 07:43 PM

For what it is worth I must tell you I have been positive for 10 years and to this day no one knows about me being positive at work. I have had my moments a couple of times but to tell you the truth you can make up a white lie and say you were having blood issues like possible chance of blood cancer and you needed to have tests done. Or like the other person said you can say you had bowel issues that will make them stop in their tracks and they will leave you alone. To be frank it is none of their business unless you want them to know. Really you will be fine it is just like everything else it takes time for your mind to wrap yourself around this and start living your life again. Remember you are in charge not the HIV do not let it take you down!!! You will have a long and wonderful life ahead of you! Sincerely, ~~~William

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1817

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3