Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
NewUser
Unregistered

Social Groups in Los Angeles
      #26247 - 01/02/02 09:32 PM

I was told two days before Christmas that I am HIV+, I am handling this pretty well, (all very well to say as I haven't balled my eyes out today) I am looking for a social group in Los Angeles that I can just sit and chat /drink with other people who are HIV too - I will be getting all the Medical side from my company HMO and quite frankly do not want to do the professional counsellor and holding hands thing - I just want to chat and have a drink with some guys in the same boat. Any suggestions??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Social Groups in Los Angeles new
      #26334 - 01/04/02 10:58 AM

Herere are some I went to or knew about. but i don't know if they meet anymore. Get support. even if you think it's embarrasing. It really helps and makes you stronger.RG

Support group for men meets at 6 p.m. each Monday at 9436 E. Slauson Ave., Pico Rivera. (323) 980-4466

Closed support group for gay men with HIV meets each Monday evening at AIDS Project Los Angeles, 1313 N. Vine St. Richard Renteria, (323) 993-1432

Being Alive support group for men who have recently received an HIV diagnosis meets at 7:30 p.m. each Wednesday in Silver Lake. Anthony PeŇa, (323) 660-0443

Drop-in support group for gay men with HIV meets at 5:30 p.m. each Thursday at 1090 Atlantic Ave., Long Beach. Jim, (562) 495-2330, Ext 122

Closed L.A. Shanti support group for people with HIV/AIDS meets each Thursday evening in Westwood. (323) 962-8197

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1912

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3