Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
eastvancpl
New User

Reged: 06/08/11
BF is +, I'm - and risks of bb while undetectable
      #256104 - 06/08/11 02:15 PM

My bf has been on atripla for a year now. He went undetectable in 2 weeks. the fastest his dr had ever seen. Has been extremely consistent with the meds and the results have showed that. My question is, are there other couples in magnetic relationships who have bareback sex? Perhaps you do but pull out? trying to find and talk to more couples about this. thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: BF is +, I'm - and risks of bb while undetectable new
      #256146 - 06/12/11 12:34 PM

To answer your question simply and honestly Yes, there are couples in magnetic relationships that have sex unprotected. This is something they choose to do based on their comfort levels and what they believe is acceptable risks for their relationships. It's a matter of personal ideology and what you can accept. If you can accept the possibility of becoming infected and deal with the emotional and physical trauma that can cause then by all means. If you have any hesitations for the sake of your relationship don't.

Does having unprotected sex mean you will become infected, No especially since he has been on meds and doing well. BUT there is always a risk. Decide for yourself what the pros and cons are and if you are willing to take the gamble.

eastvancpl
New User

Reged: 06/08/11
      #256151 - 06/12/11 02:45 PM

Thank you kicker for your honesty lots to think & talk about for sure. Much love to you!

MagicCityEC
New User

Reged: 06/20/11
      #256258 - 06/20/11 04:13 PM

Wow, I would have to disagree here. The obvious answer here is to always use protection. This is and can still be a debilitating and caustic disease. True we have new medications that have allowed people to live longer lives for those who can afford medications or who get assistance with good medical care and treatment, but there are still concerns dealing with long term toxicity with these powerful drugs and eventually drug resistances. For others there are huge financial burdens placed on the individual trying to stay medicated as well. If a positive partner wants to bare back or even allows it with a HIV negative partner then I would have to reevaluate the selfishness of this act. Even someone showing a reduced or clinically negative viral load still has active virus in his or her system and could potentially infect another. No sexual experience is truly worth infection. If you ask anyone out here if they would give up the one sexual encounter they had that got them infected I would think that most if not all of us would say that they would. If your positive partner is that selfish to even want to suggest the idea of unsafe sex I would take a good long look into the viability of that relationship. Your health is worth more than that. For those of us who are positive it is our utmost responsibility to ensure that nobody else is infected with this burden. I’ve been very fortunate to naturally suppress this infection with my own immune system to usually have a zero viral load but all that means is my body will suppress the virus lower than what the labs can detect. So you take a spoonful size of blood and if it basically has less than 50 viruses dancing around in there it zips it out as a read of zero. I still have the infection and I can pass it on if I was a monster enough to do such but the virus stops here. I will never risk sharing it with another.

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #256262 - 06/21/11 11:26 AM

While I don't disagree with anything you said, the question wasn't what he should do, it was is there people who do have unprotected sex in a +/- relationship. Also I have found out that if you tell a person, "Don't think of an purple elephant." They are going to do exactly what you told them not to do. As well if they are both consenting adults, who are we to tell them what they can and can't do in the bedroom?

I answered the question regarding how it was asked which was, "My question is, are there other couples in magnetic relationships who have bareback sex? "

Yes there are and there are pro's and con's to their decisions. No side taken.

topher603
New User

Reged: 06/28/11
Loc: rural New Hampshire
      #256451 - 07/06/11 03:46 PM

I have been poz for 20 years and my partner is negative. We have been living together for the past 3 years and we have never used protection, either way. He is currently still negative. I was not very comfortable about it at first(as I really was hoping to fall in love with another poz guy; it just didn't happen that way) but we had many long discussions before we actually had sex. He understands the risks and has agreed that they are acceptable to him. In making our decision, one of the factors was that I am undetectable, see my doctor regularly, get my counts in a timely manner(every 3 months) and take my meds religiously.
I know this decision is not one that will suit everyone and that is fine because what works for us works for us. And that is the final analysis for any magnetic couple(or any couple or person having sex with someone else period)-what works for you and your partner.

Normalguy
New User

Reged: 10/06/11
Loc: houston Texas
      #258379 - 10/07/11 09:12 AM

I am 25 and have been haveing bareback sex with my gf for 2 years she is still - and she had the idea to do this so i agree its a personal thing. thanks for being honest

bobnstlouis
New User

Reged: 05/13/12
      #263043 - 05/14/12 06:03 AM

My partner and I have always bb sex. We are both poz and undetectible.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4646

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3