Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
2cyclefun

Reged: 01/19/11
Loc: Michigan, USA
Sex - don't feel sexual
      #253947 - 01/19/11 01:08 AM

I have been in a relationship for 2 years now both pos, however he does not feel sexual... is it me or something else?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
pozrunner

Reged: 12/16/10
Re: Sex - don't feel sexual new
      #253948 - 01/19/11 02:32 AM

Hey there 2cyclefun
There is one of two problems or a combination and it depends on his age and how well you communicate in your relationship as well. It could be physiological, ie testosterone levels are not adequate enough and therefore his sex drive is down, and it is easy enough to get this tested and hormone replacement instituted and he will soon be back to normal. The second reason of course is psychological and if his blood tests come back normal then you need to discuss and explore the reasons about why this is happening, usually it does not happen in isolation and could be a combination of things, like stress, lack of adequate rest, depression etc etc. but unless you talk and get to the bottom of it, then things will not improve. You have not said whether this has been for a while or getting progressively worse and whether there are other circumstances which are not mentioned, but finally if you are not able to discuss this openly a therapist can sometimes help to get things back on track for you. Good luck , I think that sexuality is a vital part of any meaningful relationship so the sooner you get it back to what you both desire, the better it will be for both of you!
All the best!

--------------------
30/11/2010 VL 216 006 CD4 216
Started Atripla Mon 13/12/2010

njpozdad
Regular

Reged: 01/26/11
Loc: New Jersey, USA
Re: Sex - don't feel sexual new
      #254005 - 01/26/11 03:34 PM

Hi new user here...I know for me I lost all desire to be sexual with anyone after being diagnosed....My desires have slowly started to return and I am very happy about that. I don't have a partner/bf but I really felt empty without any sexual feelings and had a hard time with that...I think in your case you need to determine what the problem with your bf really is...Is it that both of you are now hiv+? Maybe he's feeling like you don't want a sex life with him just being diagnosed? The point here is to communicate. Finding a partner when your a gay man is hard enough. Finding one after testing positive is even harder. You have a partner and you shouldn't let those feelings die without communicating....Just my opinion ......

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1914

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3