Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
joejoe5673

Reged: 01/13/11
Finding it extremely hard to move on .... *DELETED*
      #253893 - 01/13/11 02:07 PM

Post deleted by joejoe5673

Edited by joejoe5673 (01/15/11 10:20 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LakelandFLMan

Reged: 04/04/09
Re: Finding it extremely hard to move on .... new
      #253943 - 01/18/11 11:31 AM

Wow. JoeJoe, hopefully unloading all that you posted was theraputic for you. Sadly, there are no "magic words" that anyone can post in reply to get you out of the funk you are (or, were) in when you posted. I am not judging you for your feelings. They are your feelings and you are entitled to experience any feelings you want to. The only advice I have to offer is to ask yourself if these feelings are benefitting you in any way. You are the only one that can control your thoughts and feelings. You are the one that makes the decision about what you are thinking and feeling. I often think of a line from a movie, "Make decisions that make you happy." So many of life's decisions are within your control. Evaluate them in terms of that quote and make conscious decisions you think will make you happier than you are now.

Hang in there JoeJoe, and know you are not alone in your thoughts and feelings or in your situation.

joejoe5673

Reged: 01/13/11
      #253944 - 01/18/11 04:10 PM

TY LakelandFLMan, for your reply. I really appreciate that, in a time when I feel no one cares. I hope to get out of my funk one day...I think some of it has to do with living with a teen girl. And yes when I wrote this it made me feel a bit better at the time. Unfortunately, I have always struggle with depression and self loathing. Every time I try to contol my self into think it will be fine, someone always wants to bring me down. But thanks to people like you I always believe again! Ty so much and may god bless you!!

pozrunner

Reged: 12/16/10
      #253945 - 01/18/11 07:45 PM

Hi joejoe
Yes you are having a tough time and there are many people out there that are having a worse time than most of us. Only you have control over many of the things and starting with a positive attitude and having a sense of humor is a great start to making you feel in a better mood. Then try to live in the moment, tackle each day as it comes. get up and do a to-do list in the morning of things that you can and would like to achieve. There are things that will make you feel profoundly better once you get the hang of it, get out there and do some physical activity on a regular basis, it does not cost any money to do that, there should be no excuse for not being able to do this. Try some form of relaxation every day like deep breathing exercises and meditation, there are many websites on the internet that give you guidance and ways to do them. Listen to music, music therapy can have a wonderful effect on relieving stress and making your mood better to try and tackle things. This will also help you to concentrate and focus on the things that you are doing in your life to improve your self-esteem and move on.
Finally embrace the fact that you have a foster child that is there to give you comfort. Try to see the positive side of that and by giving love you receive love too. Don't make it out to be a big chore, there are thousands of childless families that would be envious of your current situation.
So all in all the only advice I can give is to try and see the positive side of things, negativity creates doom and gloom, being positive creates an attitude of nothing in the world can get me down.
I have only been on meds for one month was diagnosed 6 weeks ago, lost my job last year, etc etc and yet my attitude is what gets me through and I live a full and contented life!! Hope that it helps and if you need some other steps on how to get going then let me know.
One step at a time, just try to accomplish what you set yourself to do without beating yourself up if you cannot manage, be realistic about the goals and it sounds as though you are already trying to do that!!

--------------------
30/11/2010 VL 216 006 CD4 216
Started Atripla Mon 13/12/2010

authenticpsychic

Reged: 02/03/11
      #254195 - 02/03/11 10:59 PM

Hi!

By writing this post, you are already helping yourself. Those thoughts and feelings can't be bottled up all the time. That computer certificate may well be the answer you are looking for, have you ever considered working as an outsource agent? It's a good way to earn even when you're at home most of the time...

I hope this helped.

--------------------
Authentic Psychic Readings

karan9delhi
Regular

Reged: 09/11/09
      #254197 - 02/04/11 02:17 PM

hey man

Just wanted to "god bless you"
God will make everthing ok. have trust on god.2 years back when i came to knw that i am HIV , my entire life turned upside down.

Dont worry .. the more you suffer there more you gain.. There is happiness awaiting for you...

Trust me everything would be ok soon...spend sometime in meditating...if you feel that someone is noticing you whats the prob... dont be shy...or you can meditate is night when everone is sleeping...

you are like a baby..take care of yourself..there are so many people attached with you....

Karan INDIA

Carl51

Reged: 02/08/11
Loc: Pennsylvania
      #254276 - 02/08/11 01:15 AM

hellojoe joe my name is carl i have been down that road they are not your true friends. i keep myself busy with support group and i go to peace meals which is for people living with hiv and aids

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2659

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3