HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
diego47
New User

Reged: 12/20/10
Loc: CA, USA
Suspected hiv notice coming.
      #253612 - 12/20/10 03:12 AM

I made a very stuip mistake and had, unprotected receiving, anal sex in early Steptember 2010. A few weeks later my body started going crazy. I kept getting diarrhea or having loose stool. I went to pcp and tested for everything (STD) and was negative for everything. Fast forward to November 19th. I had to go to the emergency room with severe stomach pain and cramps. Turns out my appendix was to blame and it was taken out. Fast forward to December 19th, during all this time I still keep having loose bowel movements and now I'm having night sweats and and my neck is sore but my lymph nodes are not swollen. I went back to pcp on December 19th and explained my fears and doctors took more blood for new hiv text. I just have a really bad feeling I'm infected, results they say, will take at least a week. I can't sleep or really eat. I did some on-line research and it said men presenting with appendix issues have an increased hiv infection rate. The guy I slept with swears he is clean but I don't know if I believe him. I just really need some comforting right now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
pozrunner
New User

Reged: 12/16/10
Re: Suspected hiv notice coming. new
      #253614 - 12/20/10 08:46 AM

I understand that this may be very stressful for you right now but whatever the outcome is it is not going to change so you have to try as much as possible not to stress about it and deal with it as it comes. You need to wait for the results of your examinations and in the meantime try to live as healthy a life as possible, good nutrition, exercise, safe sex always and don't smoke or take drugs if you do so now.
The most important thing to remember is that even if the test comes back negative, you should ALWAYS practice safe sex and never believe what the other person is telling you with regards to their HIV status. They may have been HIV negative when they were last tested but the fact that they are having unprotected sex means there is always a chance that they may be infected. Even with individuals who have protected sex you have to always protect yourself and never engage in intercourse without using a condom.
If you are really not coping well find a counsellor in your area whom you can talk to and maybe they can help you work through your fears at the moment.
Good luck!

--------------------
30/11/2010 VL 216 006 CD4 216
Started Atripla Mon 13/12/2010

bartlebyAdministrator
Veteran

Reged: 01/19/10
Re: Suspected hiv notice coming. new
      #253615 - 12/20/10 01:11 PM

you can't diagnose HIV through symptoms, so all you can do is wait. but at least the test results will be definitive since it is outside the three-month window period. i wouldn't worry too much or research yourself into a frenzy. either way, you will be fine!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2550

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3