Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Richie_in_the_UK

Reged: 01/13/10
Howdo from England!!
      #249098 - 01/13/10 03:22 PM

Hey all,
I am a British gay man, who happens to be HIV+ and was diagnosed 3 years ago! I was diagnosed at the end of my first year on an undergraduate professional degree! Despite this I finished and qualified as a nurse and social worker. Now doing research into adherence and partner notification In a way being diagnosed turned my world upside down ..but on the flip side of the coin it has given me a whole new positive outlook on life and a direction that is exciting!

Now I am looking for a life partner, someone to share my world with! I also can't believe that I am able to travel to the US now ..its an amazing time!

Love to you all

Richie

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jeroen

Reged: 01/09/10
Re: Howdo from England!! new
      #249145 - 01/18/10 09:11 PM

Hi Richie

Glad to hear that things are getting back on track for you. I can totally understand the way you felt as I was diagnosed exactly 1 year ago in the hospital. Life is transient and we should make the best out of it. Never been to the US but its definitely some great news here.

As you have put it aptly, its an amazing time and who knows there may be a cure for HIV in this new decade. Looking forward to that.

Hope to make friend with you...Buzz me if you read this

Jeroen ^^
Asia

princemike

Reged: 02/01/10
      #249265 - 02/01/10 05:01 PM

hi hav just read your story and i think am lookin for the same thing , am hiv positive aswell but i do take good care or my self just need some one to share the life with , i am a student doing a diploma in hiv , am black from uganda

iNvisible

Reged: 12/21/09
      #249268 - 02/01/10 07:32 PM

You are truly an inspiration...I was diagnosed in august and I am also a student and an aspiring fashion designer..there are so many days I just want to give up and cant see a life past tomorrow but stories like yours truly give me hope that I can and will be a success so for that I thank you

--------------------
iNvisible

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2704

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3