Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
PosJohnathan

Reged: 05/09/09
20yrs Old, and taking a stand....
      #245700 - 05/09/09 03:33 AM

I am 20 years old, and i am trying to stand up to help save us all... and spread the word. Please check out my video blog i just started, more to come in the near future....

www.youtube.com/PositivelyJohnathan

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dkny

Reged: 04/12/09
Re: 20yrs Old, and taking a stand.... new
      #245797 - 05/16/09 07:36 AM

Hey Johnathan:
I wanted to tell you I think it is great that you are coming to terms with your status and sexuality in the public domain. While I totally get that both are very private issues and every person deals with each in different ways, I do feel that there is a lot of stigma, bias and ignorance in the world about HIV and the GLBT community. I personally have no issues dealing with my sexuality but being hiv+ is a different story. Your postings are helping me so thank you for putting yourself out there.
I'm wondering if you are familiar with Pedro Zamora of MTV Real World fame? He was an outspoken advocate for people with HIV/AIDS and was openly so on the SF show back in the mid 1990's. MTV just aired a movie on his life which was very good. You should check it and him out. He was such an inspiration to me and so many others, and very well may be for you too.
You are awesome Johnathan! Keep doing what you are doing and fighting the good fight! We need more discussion and awareness in the public domain about HIV.
Be well,
David

allen42

Reged: 02/08/07
Loc: Michigan
Re: 20yrs Old, and taking a stand.... new
      #245846 - 05/20/09 07:45 PM

Hi Johnathon
I just wanted to take a minute and tell you hooray Goood Job and Keep Talking the HIV+ community needs more people like you. You are an inspration to me budddy you're handling this thing better than me and Im twice your age and have known since 2003 We need the younger community to stand up and be heard and you're doing just that Thank You for all that you do I dont know if you realize it or not but you are an amazingly strong man God Bless and take care of your self and most importanty keep talking Peace and Love Allen

--------------------
Allen W Murray

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2972

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3