Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
stevenmarvin

Reged: 01/01/08
ecstacy
      #234821 - 01/01/08 02:50 AM

Hello, I recently started taking viread and sustiva last week. Stupidly I took 2 MDMA pills tonight. Now I am affraid, should I take my meds or skip the dosage. Can anyone help. I am new to all of this..

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Leonardo
Guru

Reged: 08/07/07
Loc: New Jersey
Re: ecstacy new
      #234823 - 01/01/08 07:54 AM

Although I would be inclined to take the meds while high before I'd skip a dose, maybe you should call a 24-hour pharmacy (assuming your doctor is unreachable) and ask the pharmacist what you should do.

Good luck.

Leo

pozartistsd
Expert

Reged: 01/04/08
Loc: San Diego, CA
      #234965 - 01/05/08 06:00 PM

hey don't beat yourself up over this it happens to a lot of us. I've done a lot of reading on drug interaction via the web and HIV publications. From what i can remember Norvir and some other antiretroviral meds increase the amounts of some "party drugs" like ecstacy and crystal. If you took X last nite then the worst thing would be that the small amounts in your blood now would be amplified by your meds depending on which ones you take (perhaps you would get a bit high again?). The advice to call the pharmacy is a good one. You may already know about this but there's a site to check your meds/interactions at:
https://www.aidsmeds.com/cmm
but it's mostly for legal substances or prescriptions/over-the-counter-meds, so i doubt ecstacy will be there or it's chemical name, but it's useful for to check other (non-HIV) meds if and when you take them. I took some Ritalin and another time took some Adderall (both were on this system) and the results were as i mentioned above - they were increased by Norvir and maybe Reyataz, can't remember exactly. However i didnt notice anything sensation wise.

Ok hope this helps, probably too late huh? I would agree with the other post to not skip a dose and risk resistance later but i also read that 95% adherence is good enuf to ward off resistance, so if you are scared about mixing (fearful you may have heart problems or whatever from boosting the X) and you can't get medical advice and you are adherent normally then maybe you should hold off. Good Luck

dadsboy

Reged: 07/14/09
Loc: South Africa, Western Cape, Cape Town
      #246956 - 08/07/09 09:16 AM

May I just say that I think it is realy stupid to put yourself at risk by taking drugs! Why do you want to risk your health even further? And I do not agree with the othe rguy who said that 95% is goo enough! You should not put yourself at risk and should not skip you medication, but then again it is your choice!

--------------------
The the Angels be your Light and Guide!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4126

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3