Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
t1980

Reged: 06/18/07
Stupid mistake
      #228033 - 06/18/07 12:07 PM

This past Friday I had far too much to drink. I ended up hooking up with a guy from online, and we had unprotected sex. It only lasted for probably a minute, and he did not "finish." I am terrified now because he told me afterward that he is HIV positive. I will be getting tested in about 25 days, but I am scared. What are my chances of being infected?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Robert1
All Star

Reged: 05/29/07
Re: Stupid mistake new
      #228034 - 06/18/07 03:54 PM

Depends on so many things. Whether you were insertive or receptive. Whether he was positive or not. And if he was positive whether his viral load was undetectable. ALso depends on your immune system....no one can tell you the odds especially if you don't know his status. However you are at risk for not only HIV...but other STDs.

t1980

#228035 - 06/18/07 05:10 PM

I was both insertive and receptive, though he did not come. It literally lasted for about a minute. As I mentioned, he told me afterward that he is positive.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #228036 - 06/18/07 05:24 PM

Get tested. You should know your status....... whether its negative or positive.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

t1980

#228038 - 06/18/07 05:44 PM

Bear60, you're absolutely right. I plan to get tested, but I will need to wait the 1-2 months for the results to be definitive. I didn't mean to come across as ignorant.

Robert1
All Star

Reged: 05/29/07
      #228080 - 06/21/07 01:23 PM

It's good that it lasted only a minute cause then perhaps there were no abrasions when you did the receptive part. But you know there is HIV in precum....Just remember that it's hard to get HIV from one exposure, but it is possible.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #228092 - 06/21/07 11:28 PM

Sweetie... Unprotected sex is just that, a risk. Follow the guidelines of 13 weeks post exposure on your test..

Hugs,

Eric

PSWrandy

Reged: 07/06/07
Loc: wa, usa
      #228579 - 07/07/07 04:41 AM

one minute is all it takes to get HIV. i guess several things i would say to you . First you put yourself at risk, DUMB MISTAKE. Hopefully it does not happen again. Second, you did not ask? Third, did he seem to have any precum? Forth, you are more likely to receive HIV as a receptor rather than inserter.

My partner is negative and we do have unprotected anal sex with me being the positive top. i am positive and he remains negative, because one i do not cum in him, and two i do not have pre-cum. This is an exception for guys, but i feel lucky in this respect. We can have this kind of sex with little to no risk for him. It is possble he may just be resistant too, but i feel it is more due to the lack of fluids being passed.

You know the testing process and you need to go through that cycle. Any sex though in the mean time needs to be safe, as it always should be. You need to be concerned with other STD's as well.

randy

--------------------
Respectfully,
randy

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7229

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3