Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Parker
Unregistered

Virgin
      #21732 - 08/31/01 07:38 PM

Okay Gents. This is it. I have been pos for nearly two years without being on meds. Now my counts are at the point where my Doc thinks I should start Combivir & Sustiva. I am going insane right now. I can't decide. I have the drugs in my hands and I have just been staring at them for two days. Any advice.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kl85
Regular

Reged: 08/29/01
Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Virgin new
      #21735 - 08/31/01 08:14 PM

Yes, I would start the medication. I am taking a similar combination of Sustiva, Zerit, Epivir for 3 yrs. and wish it had been available years ago. (+ for over 15 yrs). The regimen is fairly easy to take and with any drugs, consistancy is everything in the results. Do not miss doses if at all possible.
Be sure to think about if you are ready to make the commitment to taking meds. Talk to your Dr. about schedule to take drugs, side effects (most pass with a little time), and resources for information about the drugs. My best to you!

Parker

Reged: 08/31/01
Loc: Oklahoma City
      #21736 - 08/31/01 09:14 PM

He wants me to take 600mg of Sustiva at bedtime and Combivir twice daily. I am soooooo scared! This [censored] sucks man. It is so real now...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21739 - 09/01/01 12:12 AM

I envy you. When I started meds, in 1990, docs only had one drug at a time, which we now know was NOT a good idea.
By now, we know how to combine drugs, and response to a combination is usually MUCH better than any when I started. Take a deep breath, and remember something my doctor told me. Don't take the pills unless you believed they are going to work. And they will.

gregg629
Guardian

Reged: 04/16/01
Loc: Boston
      #21801 - 09/02/01 03:30 PM

Hey.. I know it's scarry, but it will be ok.

I started on Sustiva and Combivir just over 3 years ago. I started off in a test program just after I found out I was poz. The test is for the Hit Hard, Hit Early Theory. There were some side effects that I had to get used to, but after 60 days my viral load was undectable and my CD4's have continued to rise, and are now at just over 800, so the drugs work. Good luck and if you want to chat any, you can e-mail me at gregg629@aol.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#21837 - 09/03/01 11:28 PM

Combivir and Sustiva appears to be the best regimen to start on. It is great at reducing viral load. It also allows you to save protease inhibitors until later, thus giving you more options in case you develop resistance. It you can deal with the initial side effects of Sustiva. This is the best starting regimen.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#22723 - 09/25/01 06:45 AM

I've been on that combo over a yr. and cd4 is 28 and viral load is 7100.. so whatever thats worth..

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3832

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3