Pages: 1
binkynyc
New User

Reged: 11/24/06
Loc: New York City
Meeting other Poz Guys in NYC
      #215736 - 11/24/06 05:24 PM

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post to this forum, though I have spent some time reading a variety of the other posts.

I am 36 and I have been positive for nearly 20 years now. I have seen things change over that time, as so many of us have.

Now that we are living in the internet age, it seems that so many of the social interactions that we used to have with other people have gone away. For this reason, dating (the old use of the term, and not dating = sex) has become even more than a challenge than in used to be. This is even more difficult if you want to meet other positive people, without having the "conversation" issue come into play.

Body Positive use to sponsor a dance at a small club for positive people (not just men) to meet each other. I believe it was on Sunday afternoons from 4-6, every other week or once a week. To participate, you had to a pay a $5 cover charge.

Are there any thoughts of bringing something like this back? Perhaps a theater night (tdf offer kind of event), or a movie night, or any other social kind of organized social event are other alternatives. The goal isn't to force us to like each other, but instead to provide a loosely organized friendly opportunity to socialize with other positive people.

I would be willing to help organize something like this, if there is interest and if we could have some guidence from The Body.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Brad

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Meeting other Poz Guys in NYC new
      #217214 - 12/06/06 03:19 PM

Does't the gay and lesbian center in NYC do something?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2689

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3