Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

oral sex and hiv
      #20825 - 08/14/01 07:04 PM

Hi i just started dated a boy who i have fallen in love with he is HIV+ i was tested before i met him.. we have had oral sex... he has on me and me on him.. i did not cum in h is mouth and he didnt in mine.. there was some precum.. that got in my mouth.. what are the chances of getting hiv that way.. i am scared.. and know i took a chance.. i am gonna get tested again soon.. i just need some thoughts on this.. i do talk to my partner about hiv and sex and we do use condems for anal sex.. i was tested before i met him was and tested fine.. but i had a high lymphiod blood count that the doctor didnt say much about.. but kinda concerns me.. if that could possible be .. a sign of hiv.. also.. another questoin on my mind .. is it safe for 2 people who are hiv+ to have sex with out condemns....???

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: oral sex and hiv new
      #20901 - 08/15/01 07:42 PM

Hey oral sexer, I feel as though I should respond. I am just one gay man out there, that has sex with many men. My standard rule of thumb is, condoms for anal sex, no condoms for oral sex. I try to avoid a guy's cum in my mouth, but it does happen sometimes.

I've made these decisions about what sex acts I'll perform, after reviewing all the facts, and trying to balance safety versus personal pleasure.

Personally I think it's very hard to get HIV with oral sex, especially with no cum in the mouth. Of course they say the risk is there, albeit a very very small one.

Again I tell you, I have had sex with lots of men, unprotected oral and anal sex with condoms, I am consistent in my sex acts, and whenever I get tested it comes out negative. Perhaps I am lucky, but I do strongly believe the information out there. Just remember the one rule, don't ever do anal sex unprotected, and I really do think you'll be fine.

The aspect about worrying and worrying if you caught something, can cause anxiety and stress--which might even translate into things you think are symptoms of the disease. Just get tested and it will end the uncertainty.

I myself am about to get tested. Unfortunately recently I tore a page out of my Rule Book and slipped, I don't know what I was thinking! I am so worried myself now. But, I'm going to go to the anonymous testing center and get a test. It's the only way to know.

Good luck, my brother. It's a good thing you can talk to your partner. And, oh yes, the question about two HIV+ people having unprotected sex, especially unprotected anal. Well, there are guys out there who will say, go for it! But, you can get other STDs. They say, generally not a good idea. I hope I don't have to be in that situation (HIV+) to find out.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: oral sex and hiv new
      #20981 - 08/17/01 12:06 PM

thanks for the info you provided to the original poster...I too am concerned as I recently had an encounter where I performed oral sans condom...hearing a real story like yours is better than weeding thru all the statistics...still, even though I am most likely ok, all this stress of worrying has convinced me that *any* type of risky behavior is not worth it for me. I pray your test will still show you are neg friend.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2310

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3