Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
newone
Unregistered

Scared please reply
      #20251 - 08/02/01 05:40 PM

I was just wondering how lonhg it took those of you with HIV to test positive.
I had my first homosexual encounter where I gave a guy a blow job. He didn't cum in my mouth but afterward he put his dick back in it. I'm afraid I may have gotten some pre-cum or a little cum in my mouth.
I tested negative at 8 and 11 weeks and at 3months and 14 days. I am waiting to take a 6 months test but am scared that my status may have changed. I am having so many conflicting emotions right now I just don't know what to do.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Steven
Unregistered

Re: Scared please reply new
      #20298 - 08/03/01 06:26 AM

Hey,

It sounds like you really don't have much to worry about. The chances of contracting HIV through oral sex are very low - as compared to the higher risks such as vaginal and anal sex. If I had a million dollars I would bet it all on you NOT being infected - Your 6 month test will most likely be negative.

Don't let fear overshadow the rest of your life --- before you have another sexual contact you should do some research and decide what you consider safe and unsafe and then stick to it. It sure beats worrying about whether you've made a mistake or not. Good luck to you!

Regards,
Steven

John20
Unregistered

#20386 - 08/05/01 02:10 AM

Actually Steven there is no link between aids and sex at all. It was just reported that way in the early eighties because society and many scientists and doctors are preocupied with men having intimate realionships with other men.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20414 - 08/05/01 11:42 PM

They say that 95-99.99 percent of people who contract the HIV will show up by three months, the fact that you tested negative at 3 months and were at low risk to begin with you should not even worry.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#44576 - 11/22/02 01:53 PM

Dont worry so much. It's good to be careful and worry somewhat. Yes you can contract HIV form oral sex, but the chances are decreased. I was alittle nervous my first time too. Just dont worry yourself sick. I am positive and my boyfriend isnt, we have been dating for about 7 months and he is fine. At least your getting checked out. If your having sex you should get checked out every 6 months. If you are more at risk (like with my boyfriend) you should get checked out every 3 months. Also do some research online. I was reading something online about oral sex and HIV. HIV needs a salty base substance to attach itself too. Your suliva doesnt have salt in it. So when HIV hits suliva the HIV attachs to something else and the cells burst. I dont remeber all the proper terms but like i said look online.
Oh yeah for me it took maybe 3 months, I got VERY sick and couldnt get out of bed to eat, drink, i had to crawl to the bathroom. I went to the doctors as soon as i was able to walk, and the test came back positive. I got checked at least every 6 months, more often if i thought i needed too.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2365

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3