HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
sadface
Veteran

Reged: 02/15/06
gay friend, family disgusted.
      #199556 - 07/11/06 12:53 PM

Hi gang..its me SF and NO I am not in the wrong forum. LOL
Problem, I have a gay male friend that is a old family friend. He is in his late 60's, he has known me since I was a little baby, I have always looked at him as a father figure. He was gay all his life, my family knew and accepted this. He had Aids, and everytime I saw him I would hug and kiss him on the lips, he was my dearest friend. My family would say.."Don't kiss him, he is sick" That would hurt and piss me off, so I still and always did kiss him until the day he died!!! People with hiv and AIDS are still that....people! I just needed to vent, because this has bothered me for a long time. I miss him so.
Love and prayers,
SF

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: gay friend, family disgusted. new
      #199560 - 07/11/06 01:25 PM

thank you for that. We really are still people even though we're not treated as such. If you're not a rich white republican in this country you are nothing. This society we live in makes me sick. I'm a fucking person.. I have feelings... Im not dead...I wonder where the balance in life is cause i sure dont see it

ItsFaith
Veteran

Reged: 10/17/05
      #199575 - 07/11/06 04:28 PM

I don't have the answers....but try to take heart in the fact that those people that treat others so unkindly because they are not the same as what one believes is the "norm" will one day get theirs. We all will be held accountable for our actions one day...so those that sit in judgement need to look long and hard at themselves first......what goes around comes around..

Bear60
Veteran

Reged: 12/21/05
      #199576 - 07/11/06 04:37 PM

I got confused..... I went from " Oh thats nice, Missy has a gay friend'.....to "Oh he's a dead gay friend" Oh well.
Still, knowing him has given you the opportunity to see how unfair predjudice is. I hope your memories of him are good ones.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

sadface
Veteran

Reged: 02/15/06
      #199598 - 07/11/06 08:06 PM

Bear, when I speak of Wally, I act as though he is still here, sorry..he has been gone 5 years now. He was wonderful, full of spark and a great florist and cook. Some days I just wish he was still here......I know I will see him again. When I was on my rollercoaster he would of said, Come on you little bitch lets get a martini and talk...
Love to you all..and each and everyone of YOU is special to someone!
SF

Anonymous
Unregistered

#199797 - 07/12/06 09:10 PM

Although some people are just mean spirited many can't be blamed for ignorance. A lot of folks think you can get HIV thru kissing. Actually at one point I remember "deep" kissing WAS considered a risk. Even though yours was a friendly peck.

It's too easy for us POZ people who have had to get educated fast about HIV, to criticize those out there who still are uniformed.

Also think how much better YOUR life was for knowing this fellow.

alivehoping
Veteran

Reged: 04/05/06
      #200913 - 07/21/06 03:03 PM

did you suck face on him so hard you took his breath away?of corse you can do that just showing up i know.take care

homerx
New User

Reged: 01/14/08
Loc: Texas
      #235288 - 01/14/08 06:32 PM

I know this is an old post but I just found this forum and wanted to say I LOVE you...you are what all people should strive to be...Peace and Love,Steve

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5343

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3