Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Christian
      #157069 - 07/11/05 06:19 PM

Hello buddies.
I'm sorry but my message has nothing to do with AIDS. My question is: Can a Christian be gay? Or a gay be Christian. I'm feeling awful cause I want to accept the Lord as my savior but I can't help to feel attracted to other men. Please, advice me. I'm married and I'm 29.
I'm waiting

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Richie UK
Unregistered

Re: Christian new
      #157075 - 07/11/05 07:16 PM

Bit of a problem here buddy.
The Christian faith does not accept homosexuality in any way shape or form. I applaud you for having a faith and the fact you are in a relationship.

As a gay man I find it very hard to advice what you should do. On one hand you are already devoted to someone but on the other perhaps feel trapped in this relationship as your true sexual feelings come out.

Either way I dont think you can be a practicing Christian whilst being a homosexual. I suppose this depends greatly on the religion you choose.

I wish you well and hope you find the light you are looking for.

Richie UK

spiritzone2
Regular

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #157105 - 07/12/05 05:23 AM

We all have our temptations or our crosses to bear. If we did not have temptations, it would be very difficult to be humble. Yes, Christians can have same sex attractions. Just as Christians can have a propensity to lie or to steal or any other sin. No human is perfect. The only thing being a Christians differs from non-christians, is that Christians are attempting to move towards the Light instead of moving towards darkness. But we all are sinners. And nobody on this earth is perfect. All we can do is try. The great thing about the Atonement and belief in Jesus Christ is the fact that we may repent. Now i don't think repentance consists of just confessing our sins UNLESS we change our behavior. But is anything too difficult for the Lord ?? No, he created us and this school of mortality called earth. And we all have temptations and with prayer and the assistance of Christ, thru faith, all temptations can be overcome. That takes persistance and continual practice. As to your question can a gay be Christian, I know people might disagree with me, but truly nobody know that until we are judged by God. But i will tell you that I myself am afraid that if the answer to that question is no, that at that time it would be too late. There is something to be said about the Mercy of God. But if we do not repent of our shortcomings and continually try to do better, then Mercy cannot save us because JUSTICE takes over. We all have our temptations to work on in this life. Men who are attracted to other men have no more or less of an issue than people with sticky fingers or people who don't tell the truth. We all have our crosses to bear. But like i said, nothing is too hard for the Lord. If you put your trust in HIM and keep trying, weak things may become strengths

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157130 - 07/12/05 03:40 PM

A gay man can be christian and visa versa. I am christian and have been openly gay since I was 19. I have such a strong support system in my friends and family. My partner attended seminary and it took him a long time to learn to balance religion with being gay. He is so happy that he came to the realization that God still loves him and that he can't change who he is. Good Luck and God Bless!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157131 - 07/12/05 03:40 PM

A gay man can be christian and visa versa. I am christian and have been openly gay since I was 19. I have such a strong support system in my friends and family. My partner attended seminary and it took him a long time to learn to balance religion with being gay. He is so happy that he came to the realization that God still loves him and that he can't change who he is. Good Luck and God Bless!

spiritzone2
Regular

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #157149 - 07/13/05 02:45 AM

People CAN {& do} change who they are. If people could truly not change who they are, then it would be a very dreary world indeed

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157166 - 07/13/05 01:08 PM

You have to remember that the Lord created everyone and around 10% of men and women may LOVE and crave the LOVE of the same sex. It's a natural thing. God made these people that way. There is a big tradition of homosexuality in the priesthood (ask any priest). Remember by being married to someone who you authentically do not love and crave you are sinning against her. It's so unfair to her! God did not want to torture these partners of homosexuals. Would you want your daughter to marry someone like you? would God? You have to be who you are! Stop faking it! No one says homosexuals have to be promoscious. I know many in monogomous same sex couples. They go to church and are good christians! They are HONEST about who they are and living lives where they can not be all stressed out about lying to their partner...lying to the community, lying to their children about who they really are! This is 2005! Go to the organization Dignity. http://www.dignityusa.org/

Or to http://mccchurch.org/
There are so many christians who are gay!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157428 - 07/18/05 12:34 PM

You don't know what you are talking about....you can BE homosexual according to the doctorine. You just can't act on it--according to the doctorine.

a Gay Christian
Unregistered

#157452 - 07/18/05 07:21 PM

St Paul learned to speak of the unity in the living Christ in whom is neither male nor female, slave nor free (Gal 3:28) This is the context in which we as Christians should consider. That is the nature and place of Gay's today. The resources are there in the dynamic of love in faith and in the guidance of the Spirit.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157562 - 07/20/05 10:14 PM

This ian HIV site, not a theological site. I am sick of having to hear about religion and gays everywhere I look. Let's keep the right focus....

TennJack
New User

Reged: 07/21/05
      #157600 - 07/21/05 07:22 PM

I am new here .....but I agree. stay on topic or create a new one

merc
Unregistered

#159092 - 08/25/05 12:34 AM

when Adam told God how bored he was alone in paradise. God remedied Adams sadness by creating the one & only perfect partner... The Woman.
to answer your question...
NO, you can't be an accepted cristian by the churches beliefs. i think your looking for that religion located down the hall the last door to your left pass the sign that says "the truth"

blue414
New User

Reged: 08/04/05
      #159520 - 09/04/05 08:10 AM

Hi, I just read your posting this morning. Don't let time fool you. If you are feeling God draw your to accept Jesus as your savior, then by all means do it.

Being gay is a mystry to me. I am a preacher's son, and have struggled with attraction to men my whole life. I was married and am now single.

However, sis is sin, you cannot change your desires, but just accept Christ as savior, and let him direct you one day at a time.

Go for it!!!

carmenaveguy
New User

Reged: 09/11/05
Loc: Chicago's Uptown area
      #159870 - 09/11/05 06:54 AM

Faith, be it Christian, Hebrew, Muslim or Buddhist is a part of our lives. Even faith in ourselves is a faith!

To maintain a holistic concept of health, this topic is important.
It was and is important to the person who asked the question so I NEEDS to be important for the rest of us (aka:The Body).

That being said, Chistianity isn't about one religion, it's about the simple message of
"Love your neighor as yourself"

It's "chuches" that made rules about who and how we love, not the G*d around us.

People can quote a lot of biblical pasages (called Proof Texting) to make a point but the bottom line is that
"God so loved the world.."

<<Thats what Christianity is>>

Not what the "religious right" would have us believe.

Many people turn to thier faith in times of concern and/or joy to help though stages. HIV is a major stage in our lives and having faith in whatever you feel can and does help.

Since the question was about Christianity, then have the faith of those who share God's love and let it grow around you.

--------------------
I am my brothers keeper

Anonymous
Unregistered

#161411 - 10/08/05 07:04 PM

Biblical Evidence

AUGUSTINE on Biblical Misuse

"It is a disgraceful and dangerous thing to hear a Christian,presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking nonsense on topics non-Christians know from reason and experience.

"If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him trying to support his foolish opinion from the Bible, how are they going to believe the Bible on the important matters of faith when they think the Bible is full of falsehoods on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason?

"Reckless and incompetent expounders of Holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on us all when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of the Bible.

For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion."

READ MORE AT:

http://www.soulforce.org/main/biblical.shtml

...says it all

God Bless
Scotchula

PS Aint nuttin wrong with this topic...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8082

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3