Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

can you live a normal life without meds if ur HIV+
      #145217 - 05/10/05 05:12 AM

can you live a normal life without medicines if your HIV+??? How long can live without these medicines?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: can you live a normal life without meds if ur HIV+ new
      #145221 - 05/10/05 10:29 AM

No two people are the same; some people can go many years without the need for HIV medications after becoming infected. I found that the stronger and healthier I lived the better my counts stayed, personally I did not start meds until after I had been infected for over 14 years but that is not common. I am not trying to tell you that they will not be needed for many years because I am not your medical professional and monitoring your T-cells and your Viral Load. Everyone is different and you may need to start the medications in a few years or you may go a long time like I did.

hallmark

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Tennessee, Blount
      #146680 - 05/14/05 09:52 PM

When I got tested my viral load was 612,000. This was due to my own stupidity. I would say if you are not sure get tested again.After one year of meds my viral load is undectable. There are many infections that a person can get your t-cells are just as impotant as the viral load. Mine were 127 I was a walking time bomb. Don't take any chances!

--------------------
Mark Clayton Hall

Poz 20 Years
Unregistered

#151910 - 05/23/05 06:49 PM

I am not taking meds now. I want to put it off as long as possible. My doctors still think I should wait. My viral load goes from "not detectible" to around 200. I guess if it starts shooting up, I 'll start meds. I really don't know what to do sometimes. I am glad that I have been able to go this long without meds (although I took meds from 1990 to 1994).

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155892 - 06/07/05 02:53 AM

WHATS NORMAL? Everyone gets sick and whos to say. i tested positive and full blown aids in 1987....i never took meds till 1993...thats when i started getting sick...side effects from them caused neupothy and CMV mylitis in my spinal cord. so i haven't been a big fan of meds in the past. I haven't been sick since but i have found that the two meds i take now have no side effects and i still only have a viral load of less than 300.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157814 - 07/27/05 03:12 PM

So far, I have evidence to believe it. I started meds during the acute phase of my diagnosed HIV infection. Soon after, the meds had lowered viral load to undetectable levels and raised CD4 count to 1770. The recent success made me swear allegiance to HIV meds until "death takes us apart."

Four years into this love affair with meds, I realized there is always a price to pay. The liver enzymes had gone up to unbelievable levels, and worst of all, I had embraced the idea of killing myself. Suicidal ideas run inside my head like a gerbil in a treadmill. Welcome to the world of med induced chronic depression. More or different meds meant I would experiment with other chemicals, contaminate my body, and recycle depression.

After a long, agonizing debate and deep meditation I concluded I would go on a med holiday "with an open date of return" to appeased my doctor's anxiety. The decision came accompanied by the adoption of a healthier life style, and the purchase of an industrial size juice extractor. I left the doctor's office thinking: "I am not coming back to this shit until researches and pharmaceutical laboratories come up with safer meds they be willing to prescribe to their own children, or until I feel my health had taken a dramatic dive such that would make me change my mind out of fear or better knowledge. Until such a day!". Then I proceed to kick the med cabinet out the door and divorced the mental dependency to the meds.

With proper diet, emphasis in mental health and exercise, I believed and still believe I can postpone meds until a later appointment in life. Armed with extensive knowledge of my body, high levels of self- discipline, clear notion of moderation, balance, equanimity, and realistic goals; I moved away from HAART.

One year later I remain healthy, the depression is gone, the future remains uncertain, and I see the present in Technicolor. I have embraced imperfection, which allows me to smile, relax and believe I am immune to diseases of the soul.

I stopped attending religious services; instead, I volunteer training individuals who wish to return to work after periods of disability.

DEE

Reged: 01/31/07
      #223979 - 01/31/07 11:46 AM

THE "ONLY" WAY THATS POSSIBLE, IS IF YOU COMPLETELY RECEIVE CHRIST WHOLE-HEARTEDLY! HIS WORD SAYS THAT HE CAN CURE "ALL" MANNER OF DISEASES. HE CAN DO WHAT TECHNOLOGY AND DOCTORS CAN NEVER DO! YOU JUS HAVE TO TRUST HIM ONCE YOU BEGIN TO SEEK HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL! BUT ITS GONNA COST YOU! YOU WILL HAVE TO LEAVE THE THINGS OF BOTH YOUR FLESH AND THIS WORLD BEHIND! LOVE YA!

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
Jesus Schmesus, Incarnation Retardation, Poof! new
      #224007 - 02/01/07 04:11 PM

You make Jesus a witchdoctor, not at all what I should think he was about. The miracle cures in the gospels have most been proven to be later additions by churchmen in the 5th and 6th centuries who wanted to demonstrate the divinity of Jesus. There was a strong debate at the time as to whether Jesus was wholly man or wholly divine, hence the compromise of Jesus as god manifest in man that most Christians adhere to these days.

I can call my dog Brad Pitt, but that doesn't make him a star.

You need a good dose of common sense and rationality; and maybe less of the communion wine, dearie.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Edited by ScotCharles (02/01/07 04:13 PM)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5395

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3