HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
spadude64
Regular

Reged: 12/26/04
Loc: Pa, USA
Cost of HIV meds!
      #138620 - 03/17/05 01:32 AM

Luckily, I have medical insurance but I asked my pharmacist how much my meds cost and he told me 13 thousand dollars a year!
I was shocked to hear that since I am only taking Sustiva and combivir.
We, who are HIV positive need to be out there protesting over these ridiculously high prices!
I feel so bad for people who cannot afford the meds! My question is: How many people are dying who cannot afford meds? I need to know this ASAP so I can get a petition out there. Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Cost of HIV meds! new
      #138675 - 03/17/05 06:49 AM

Lots of people have no access to meds. Illegal immigrants in most states....anyone who has no health insurance and makes too much money (the states have a program called ADAP that will pay for AIDS meds but if you are working you have to be making under a certain amount). Lots of people in other countries can't afford these meds...the countries of argentina, peru, bolivia, most of south and central america will not pay for these meds, Brazil is the only place in that area that will give its people free meds.

clilrichard

Reged: 07/09/03
Loc: EastTexas
      #139236 - 03/25/05 01:50 AM

I have insurnace and even with that my co-pays are 35.00 for three scrips so it is too much. I am lucky enough to have a loacal ASO helping me out so it id okay.

Ronnie
Regular

Reged: 01/10/05
Loc: Columbus, OH
      #139304 - 03/27/05 12:31 PM

That's a great question. I don't think the answer is out there though. I know that some states have waiting lists for their ADAP programs and others do not. With federal and state budget cuts comming, those lists are likely to get longer.

I write to my reps locally and federally frequently about ADAP funding and encourage everyone to.

Stay well,
Ron

--------------------
Check out my blog.
www.phunkebeatz216.blogspot.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4345

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3