Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
jacksonvillle
Unregistered

life so far.......
      #134523 - 02/16/05 01:04 AM

Since i have been diagnosed with hiv my life has ran normal. I have been feeling some of the effects like drowsiness and swollen lymph nodes. I was told i was positive in jan of 2005 and i am only 17. I live at home with my mother who is a doctor and a widow at that. I am in college and studing for the state board for my nursing lic which i will go for in march. My doctor is great and i have known her since i was 2 years old. I grew up in a family that practiced medicine and now i am inclined to learn even more. I see that even tho my mom looks at me differently my best friend doesnt. he is the only one that knows about the positive test and he supports me to the fullest. the only problem i have is that i love to party. and whern i say party i mean party. I am big into the club sence and i love to pop pills once in a while. my doctor completly hates the fact that i refuse to lay off of it. what is to come if i dont. will my cd4 count drop more readily or my viral load increase? i also want ppl to know that this is not a death sentence. i am only 17 and i thought that i would never become infected with this virus. but it happened and i must now live with it. things can only get better i tell myself. ..... keep ur chin up!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
spadude64

Reged: 12/26/04
Loc: Pa, USA
Re: life so far....... new
      #134530 - 02/16/05 04:28 AM

Keep on studying for your degree! Stop popping pills. Your HIV condition may only worsen by continuing to abuse drugs.
As you have recently heard from the CDC about a new HIV strain that is drug resistant and they believe it may be caused by crystal meth.
Any drug used for recreational purposes can actually harm the body and interfere with it's fighting capabilities against HIV

RIVERLADY

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134890 - 02/24/05 12:56 PM

My goodness,
are you looking for confirmation that its ok to take the pills that you do. I may not know exactly what your taking but by the sound of your post and your Drs response, What do you think I'm gonna say. Geeze What are you thinking my friend? You figure if you post the question that someone will say its okay? Well Its not, but you really knew that already. And for you to say " its not a death sence, well the pills certainly will make it so. You cant do party drugs and expect it not to affect your meds. How old are you? How long you been doing this? and at the rate your going how long you think your gonna live.

Didn't mean to get so adament about this topic but yuou did ask for others thoughts on this. Come on my friend, wake up and smell the roses. Not coke, not speed , nor any thing like that. I 'd like to really sit you down and give you quite a lashing. But most of all see you around for a long time ,but your pill poping is going to help the aids in killing you. So if thats what you want if its worth dying for then have fun. But don't tell others its okay to do Thats like tell them lets play russian roulette , its fun., its okay! NO IT'S NOT! So for your sake re-look at your way of thinking and stay in touch,cause I'm amazed by you......RIVER

RIVERLADY

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134892 - 02/24/05 01:00 PM

For someone who's studying for their BA your being pretty darn stupid, At this rate your"life so far " isnt gonna go as far as you think . And when we regret and realize its too late. the damage has been done and theres no turning back

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134929 - 02/25/05 10:13 AM

hi friend ...i m 32 years old ..i wanted to say you go on and get strong. here we are if you need something. muchos besos desde españa . y animo!!!! a lot of kesses from spain and straithg ahead!!!!
my msn is ...tomrubio@hotmail.com you can connect to me there . bye

Atlanta2005
New User

Reged: 02/27/05
      #135015 - 02/27/05 09:47 PM

Hey jacksonville, I know what you mean when you say Party. Thats just how I became infected, most do that way, drugs impair your mind, the condoms never make it out of the foil package. But man you are 17 you dont have a clue what life is yet. You have so much to live for and YES my doctor got on my butt for doing the same thing. I decided to get stronger and fight back. The club scene will always be there long after we are all gone. Dude you have got to take care of yourself, think of your Mom, she needs you. You are going to be a health provider. The sick cant help the sick. Save yourself.
I still go out and party but in a different mind set, I almost died once in a hospital bed 3 years ago because of it. I lost my lover when he was only 24, there were no meds available then, I have seen the face of AIDS and hated it. If you have friends that really love you they wouldnt let you destroy yourself like that. You are killing your inmmune system and giving what HIV virus loves, a acidic blood enviroment full of toxic radicals it feeds off of. You should know this, I am sure. Well said Riverlady. Listen up jacksonville, we want you to live a happy healthy productive life.
Peace....
Knowledge=freedom from fear.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139088 - 03/22/05 04:12 AM

An old guy lecturing a young guy (47, 15 years positive)...doesn't seem promising. But are you serious about your health and survival? Or do you see life as some big game of fate? The popping of pills (you are so vague) will or does have a serious effect on your health. Futhermore, the medicine you "take" is all the medicine you take, licit and illicit. That concoction, no matter how poor a recipe is how you are treating your HIV. In fact, since your recreational pills probably vary with whatever happens to be offered to you, your body has no chance to adapt to your additional "medication". You might as well stop all your meds, period. You speak of your isolation and differing levels of support from others. That is important. Is the relevance that you need others to love you more so that you might love yourself sufficiently to take good care of yourself, instead of playing russian roulette...I wonder. If no one on earth loved me (only a handful truly do), I would still look after myself. If you can't make the same statement, then realize you have more growing up to do if you are to face up to a lifetime of HIV and all the challenges unrelated to HIV, that await you. You are intelligent and educated, but are acting stupid and igonorant. Sorry if that's blunt. Your life is in your hands. I hope you start giving a damn. I would love to be as young as you again, even with HIV. You could have decades ahead of you.

johnniecat
Unregistered

#156616 - 06/27/05 08:38 PM

hey jacksonville..........I found out I was poz 20 yrs ago this oct.; my 21st birthday was ten days later and I drank.......... I was still drinking and druging and having sex ( back in the early to mid 80's) for the next ten years, I mean I just came out now the doctor tells me I have AIDS; I knew I would be dead in a year......Well suprise after all I did to myself I am still here........now that's fuck'en amazing, so kid do the right thing Live a healthy life man see the way it is without all the pillsman; I am pretty sure you being a cluber the pills you take today are very bad..........now I don't want to sound like a hypocrite because I took those same kinda pills........But it never got me any were......today I chose to wake up in the morning not come to with a lame trick or worse a hang over...LOL...hey jacksonville email me any time ............ your fariy God Brother is here to help ya kid so stick with being healthy and be a positive role model for your young sisters coming out !! .............Oh and have lots of fun and enjoy every min. your buddie johnnie........Irishjohnnie1964@hotmail.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4012

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3