Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Inform,or not
Unregistered

I need advice about informing abusive ex-boyfriend
      #134473 - 02/14/05 11:44 PM

What do I do?

I was involved with a guy last summer. He was verbally abusive, but I tried to make it work.

In late August, he started to complain of a "burn" he'd sustained near his groin area, and a swelling in his testicles. A month later, after his behavior deteriorated, I broke up with him. He threatened to kill me; then he threatened to hurt me, "physically or mentally." He also made a mysterious comment: "You know what you did to me!" which totally confused me.

A week later, I started to get sores on my scrotum. I thought it was herpes, and got a prescription for it. No good. Sores got worse, and spread to other areas of my body. Finally, the pain and fatigue got so bad, I made an appointment at the hospital 3 months from the time we broke up. (haven't spoken to him since I told him I never wanted to see him again or to speak with him again.)

Syphillis. What a shock! They put me on antibiotics, and it cleared up. Scary, though. It can kill, of course.

What I'm concerned about is whether he gave it to me (the mysterious burn being syphillis cancre or something like that), or what would make me feel worse, if I gave it to him, and he doesn't know it and it's untreated. At the same time, he has threatened to kill me, though I think that was just in the heat of the moment.

What would you do?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I need advice about informing abusive ex-boyfriend new
      #134483 - 02/15/05 08:00 AM

In this case, I would stay away. He can go to an emergency room ( if he does not have medical ) . Threats are not something to take lightly. Move on, and from now on use a condom. Be safe and forget that nasty person.

spadude64
Regular

Reged: 12/26/04
Loc: Pa, USA
      #134532 - 02/16/05 04:37 AM

Nobody deserves to be treated in the manner you were. Death threats are punishable by law in all states. If I were you Id go to the doctor and get a complete checkup. I wish you well!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: I need advice about informing abusive ex-boyfr new
      #134565 - 02/16/05 07:31 PM

Thank you both so much for the support and advice! I appreciate it!

I can't tell you how hard it was to break up. The love I had for him was intense, but, he was really incapable of having a love relationship with another man - too gay for someone as closeted as him. I guess I'm glad it's over (the abuse and everything), though I miss him so much. :(

Time will heal! :)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140104 - 04/14/05 03:19 PM

If you feel the need to inform him but are afraid, then let your local health department do it for you! They should have contacted you since it is a SYPH infection, but if not you can contact them - remain anonymous - and give them his contact info so they can inform him.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2470

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3