Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Unregistered

Worried About Oral Sex
      #114079 - 11/10/04 01:09 PM

Hi Folks

I have spent the last 3months of my life in complete stress and anxiety. And now I'm looking for some answers from real people who know first hand.

My risk was unprotected oral sex with no ejaculation, both sucking and getting sucked.
I never know that there was a risk for HIV until I woke up in the middle of the night in a panic thinking that after ten years of anonymous oral sex encounters at bath houses I should check to see what I was doing is safe.

I immediately went to my office and on to Google and found some ugly information that freaked the hell out of me.
The very next day I went and had an HIV test from my family Dr. and waited two of the longest weeks to find out I was negative.

The unfortunate part is, while I was waiting for my results I was thinking the worst and realized that I did not wait the 3month window period.

I went to a male STD clinic and they told me not to worry that I was fine and did not have HIV and there was not need to test, but they did recommend a test for the other STD's and they were all negative.

Not being to put this out of my head I went back to the clinic and they recommended that I see a Psychiatrist and my problem was guilt and fear of knowing my sexuality.

I was ready to fly to the US for on of those rapid tests and everyone I talked to told me to save my money and get back to my life.

I must have called the San Francisco city clinic a hundred times and sent Dr. Jeffery d Kluasner an email and even he suggested to get on with my life.

when I found this web site and started reading through the forums it seems like there are allot of guys who claim they have been infected from oral sex.

Who is telling the truth, the Doctors , Scientists , counsellors . Or the people out there having oral sex.

Can someone with real expeirence and thoughts about this please get back to me.
I feel like a big enough idiot for not knowing the facts, so I really do not want to hear anyone rub it in. we all make errors.

Thank you

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Worried About Oral Sex new
      #114211 - 11/12/04 07:04 PM

Why is nobody answering

Anonymous
Unregistered

#114398 - 11/14/04 02:15 PM

Hi, I can really relate to your e-mail. I am bi and at last test (2/3 months ago) I was hiv neg. I am 42 and have had so much anonymous sex, primarily oral. I really enjoy giving oral sex but from time to time I panic thinking I've contracted HIV thru oral sex. I have read so many internet sites and all pretty much say the same thing "oral is a risk for STD/HIV" but they really don't say much more than that! I always wanted a concrete number or at least a ball park figure like 2% chance or 50%, etc.. Something I could arm myself with mentally when engaging in oral sex. Perhaps I keep dodging a bullet or perhaps oral sex is a much lower risk, if not I would certainly be HIV+ by now. I don't want to tempt fate but maybe I'm just looking to have oral sex with a clearer conscience.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#115128 - 11/16/04 03:12 AM

Your post interested me deeply! I am HIV positive but when the disease was killing many people, I too freaked out at the thought that I was positive back then but was not!
You have a condition that sounds like AIDS anxiety. This can be a devastating condition. Always checking yourself for symptoms and you go through psychological hell!
Anyone belived to be HIV positive should always get tested.
Your case sounds like classic AIDS anxiety.

Unregistered

#115398 - 11/17/04 04:13 PM

Thank you for replying to my post.

I have been getting counselling once a week and even went for a psychiatrist evaluation. I can not get past this. For all of the positive people that glow with happiness, how the hell do you do it ?, Maybe I'm not as strong of a person as I once thought

Anonymous
Unregistered

#115823 - 11/21/04 09:56 PM

i think as you age your oral health generally deteriates and becomes an increasing risk. it might serve you well to deal w/ some issues re: annonymous sex like adopting some new rules like no oral sex w/ stangers. sucks doesnt it.

stevetrip

Reged: 10/19/04
Loc: South Central Minnesota
      #126082 - 12/14/04 02:08 PM

I am a facilitator of a support group for people living with Hiv and AIDS in southern MN so I know that if you have unprotected oral sex without ejaculation there is a low risk factor involved, since hiv is in pre-ejaculate. Perhaps you are not so much worried about Hiv as you are about feelings of stress or anxiety about what you have been doing. Just my two cents, perhaps a real psychologist can (and it sounds like is) helping yu with this. Best Regards, stevetrip Hiv+ since 1988

syrpix
Unregistered

#133625 - 01/27/05 12:55 PM

As one who does continue to take risks I know this will be hypocritical to say, but I was intrigued by your "2% or 50%" risk comment. I guess we all need to decide for ourselves what level of risk we are willing to take, but risk is risk, whether it is 2% or 50%... Like I said, I do take risks now and then, so I am certainly not preaching. I just thought it was intersting...

poz 10 years...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139152 - 03/23/05 02:41 PM

is it good when they stick their dicks in you

Anonymous
Unregistered

#163459 - 11/06/05 03:12 PM

Dear Worried about oral sex, I too am very worried. I recently had a bf who I gave head to with ejacultion four times. I relalized his last test was in Dec. I had anegative test before I met him. He will not get tested. This is the only risk factor I have. I just got a dna pcr test which is conclusive 28 days after exposure. I am waiting on results takes five to seven business days. If I am positive it truely would be from oral sex. I have no other risk factors and I am not permiscuos. Sincerely J

Anonymous
Unregistered

#166186 - 12/05/05 01:38 PM

oral sex is 99% safe as long as u dont engage sex after brushing or befor brushing teeth advice dont brush teeth morning or evenng or ever if u engage in oral sex or after wound in mouth even if u drink aids blood or semen or vaginal fluids u wont get aids lesbians rarely get aids it is considered dirty using ur mouth for sex but it is safest virus is designed to kill men gay or hetros not lesbos or women they are unfortunate victims

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6846

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3