Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crystal Methamphetamine and the HIV Relationship
      #105554 - 08/02/04 02:58 PM

I have been reading a lot lately about the many of us who became positive after a night of partying (mostly on CM) although I am sure there are many other party drugs that would take you there.

In my case, I was over 40 when I started. Never did drugs in my life before that but I figured what the hell. Well that was a bad decision. It let me to CM which fueld my sex addiction. So now I am an HIV positive man, single, 46, in recovery and I owe it all to that bag of little white powder.

I wish there was some way to reach the youth to warn them of the sneaky way in which CM can ruin your life - in most cases putting you in a postion to jeapordize your negative status.

Best of Luck to everyone in similar shoes.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PozInFl

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: Northeastern FL
Re: Crystal Methamphetamine and the HIV Relationship new
      #105877 - 08/03/04 01:03 PM

I can definitely understand and relate to your method of becoming infected since I too did the Party N Play with Meth and was irresponsible with regards to my health...

However, I must admist that I take full responsibility for that action, can not blame it on anyone or any drug, just myself. While Meth is a very powerful drug, while under it's influence, I did remember was a condom was, since I thought about it when having sex under the influence, I just tossed the thought out of the window.

I think the younger generation needs to be aware of the epidemic that happened in the beginning of the finding of AIDS; they weren't there as we were to see it's devastation on our community and now think you can just pop a pill and be ok, which we all know goes much more deeper on all levels.

What amazes me with what I see and hear from our community (and I'm not directing this at the writer of the post), is that it seems our community is so quick to blame this drug for our problem; the responsibility is on the individual. I see a major drug problem going on in our community, for which Meth is being blamed. G, Ecstacy, Meth, alcohol, Coacaine are being abused in high numbers; I see it all the time.

Sorry, the addiction was already there, it took this substance to work for that addiction. I could of been, alcohol, meth, food, etc, the addiction was already there. I think it's time that we as a community stood up and look at what is happening in our community, take action, not just blame a chemical and say isn't that a shame, tsk, tsk...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#106043 - 08/03/04 04:59 PM

Pozinfl has a very good point, in my case it was not the drugs, it was my lonelyness, my low self-esteem, my fear of the people, the hate I alwas had for me, the only way to break the vicious circle was being active part of a support group, serving coffe, talking honestly about my intimous thoughts, about my shame, serving others. This has been beautiful since, I feel better, I do not do drugs, I do not need drugs when I am depressesd I make an effort to do something, I know I am not the most suffering person I am only another else, none special.

PAUL

Reged: 08/24/04
Loc: Colorado, Foothills of the Rockies
      #110761 - 08/24/04 09:56 PM

... A truer word was never said... my partner and I tested positive 5 years ago after severl years of "partying" and lots of unsafe sex fueled by meth. It resulted in a temporary break up as I pulled my head out of my ass and needed to leave him to make him hit his rock bottom and clean up. It worked and now we're together again. It's been 12 years!

--------------------
[/e-mail]plutchendo@hotmail.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3120

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3