Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Southborn
Unregistered

hiv and other std stuff
      #102772 - 07/24/04 02:50 AM

Hi all. Iīm a 37 yr old gay male from Argentina. I was diagnosed as hiv+ almost a year ago. Fortunately my clinical status is fine and I donīt need treatment yet. As soon as I was diagnosed, my doctor indicated a series of lab routines, and VDRL (testing for siphilis) was left out due to a temporary lack of reactives. I have had my trouble coming to terms with being hiv+, and finally, I have been able to remember my VL and CD4 numbers only every 3 months when I come in for checkups. Yesterday I found out that I tested pos for siphilis... and it all came back... the same feelings...
Iīm a reasonably educated person, and I have never had unprotected sex, except for a former relationship who told me his hiv status is negative. Therefore, I have no clue as to how i got hiv (and probably siphilis at the same time). All I can think of is that at some point the info I had was not enough. The only possibility seems to be oral sex. The point here is that this ends up being a point of distress in my actual and future relationships, since I canīt take any more precautions than the ones I have always taken, except for forgetting about unprotected oral sex.
I know itīs no use to cry over spilled milk, so all I can do to overcome this state is cry out that sexual education is never too much. Oral sex IS a practice of risk. I try to point this out to younger and older men and women I have a chance to talk to... If anyone is in the same situation, not being sure how he/she got infected and dealing with this, please let me know how youīre doing.... Be safe, be happy

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PozInFl

Reged: 06/29/04
Loc: Northeastern FL
Re: hiv and other std stuff new
      #103656 - 07/27/04 01:14 PM

Syphillis is quite a little STD...you can contract it orally and anally and not even know that you have it since one can not see the symptoms with that kind of exposure, and of course contracted from unsafe sex...One won't know it for months until you either test for it or start getting symptoms...I can understand how you feel...it is like reliving the diagnosis of HIV, believe it or not everyone...I was dianosed as being POZ and 6 days later found out I had syphillis as well...I was walking around in shock and disbelief and kept syaing what else are they going to tell me...I got 2 shots of 1 million units of penicillin in the butt on each cheek and could barely walk to for days...I had just started with the symptoms so the doc was quick to diagnos and test me...in the end you are so right, I felt the same feelings as I did when they told me I was POZ...SO everyone, it is so important for our health to practice safe sex regardless....

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: hiv and other std stuff new
      #103721 - 07/27/04 06:28 PM

HOLA, SOY FRED, EN MIS 40, Y ME HE TOMADO LA LIBERTAD DE ESCRIBIR EN SPANISH, ESPERO QUE NO TE MOLESTES. YO FUI DIAGNOSTICADO POSITIVO HACE CUATRO YEARS CUANDO ME ENCONTRARON UNA INFECTION OPORTUNISTICA LLAMADA CRIPTOCOCUS, PARA ENTONCES ERA MUY TARDE CONTROLAR MIS CD4, ERAN MUY BAJAS, DE MILAGRO SOBREVIVI Y MEDICALMENTE ESTOY BIEN AHORA.
CONTESTANDO A TU INQUIETUD, Y CON MI EXPERIENCIA EN EL ASUNTO. LO UNICO QUE TU PUEDES HACER EN ESTE MOMENTO ES CONTROLAR LO MEJOR QUE PUEDAS LA SITUACION EN QUIE TE ENCUENTRAS, NO TE DESESPERES, SIEMPRE HAY UNA LUZ AL OTRO LADO DEL TUNEL, SE UN POCO EGOISTA Y PONTE TU COMO TU MAYOR PRIORIDAD, CUIDARTE ES TU FULL TIME JOB, OLVIDA EN COMO TE CONTAGIASTES, PERO ASEGURATE NO CONTAGIAR A OTROS, SIEMPRE HAY ALGUIEN QUE TE VA A QUERER COMO TU ESTAS EN ESTE MOMENTO, NO TE DESESPERES POR A RELASIONSHIP, VA A LLEGAR EN SU MOMENTO, SE FUERTE, DETERMINADO QUE VAS A VENCER Y MAS QUE TODO CHEQUEATE PERIODICAMENTE, QUE TUS TCELL S NO LLEGUEN A 100, SI ES POSIBLE MANTENLAS SIEMPRE MAS DE 300, Y TU VIRAL LOAD UNDETECTABLE, CUIDA TU VISTA. Y VIVE UNA VIDA LLENA Y FELIZ TODO ES QUESTION DE TIEMPO Y DE CREAR UNA NUEVA MANERA DE VIVIR, TOMALO COMO UN CHALLENGE, ES TODO. BUENA SUERTE, TU PUEDES. CHAO

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2637

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3