Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
kr917

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Northeast Florida
Dermatitis
      #102741 - 07/23/04 11:15 PM

I am experiencing redness in a perfect circle around my mouth...it looks as if someone his me square in the face with a baseball. Has anyone else experienced this? The HIV doc and Dermatologist diagnosed it as seborrheic dermatitis. I have used steroid creams, different shampoo's, elidel but nothing seems to help. Any ideas?
I am 38yrs, pos for 2yrs, undet., 700cd4, taking viread, emitriva, and sustiva.
Thanks,
Ken

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
clilrichard

Reged: 07/09/03
Loc: EastTexas
Re: Dermatitis new
      #103230 - 07/25/04 01:12 PM

This is from a google search on seborrheic dermatits there are several diffren't things you can use but I hope this all helps this is where is starts(( Gentle shampooing with a mild shampoo is helpful for infants with cradle cap. Mild corticosteroid creams and lotions, or anti-fungal topicals such as ciclopirox or ketoconazole, may also be applied to the affected areas of skin. Adult patients may need to use a medicated shampoo and a stronger corticosteroid preparation. Non-prescription shampoos containing tar, zinc pyrithione, selenium sulfide, ketoconazole, and/or salicylic acid may be recommended by a dermatologist, or a prescription shampoo, cream gel, or foam may be given. As excessive use of stronger preparations can cause side effects, patients should follow their dermatologist’s advice. ))

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Dermatitis new
      #106725 - 08/05/04 10:43 PM

I have the exact same issues. For my scalp I use Nizoral shampoo over the counter. For the rash around my mouth the doctor gave me Metro Gel cream to use. Basically what we are suffering from here is a topical yeast infection. Tea Tree oil is also good to put on the irritated areas. Hope this helps

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2528

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3