Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Double Wammie
Unregistered

HIV / Cancer
      #10033 - 09/24/00 10:17 PM

I have gone through two diagnoses within a few months of each other this year: HIV + and Lymphoma (Hodgkins Disease). I have been treated for the HIV since my dx in April, and doing fine so far. I am currently in chemotherapy tx as well for the HD (going into my fourth tx next week). I am interested in meeting others that are HIV + and have also been diagnosed with another life threatening illness, and possibly currently being treated as well for the double wammie. I have tried to correspond to boards and lists with the Lymphoma groups, but it is difficult to find someone who can relate if they are not HIV + as well. Looking forward to meeting up with anyone in a similar situation. Take care everyone!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV / Cancer new
      #10985 - 10/19/00 12:10 AM

Many people don't know they're HIV+ until they have an opportunistic infection. So it's really not that rare. And I don't know any that is easy to take.
As far as Lymphoma, I had that diagnosis in 95, and have been in remission for over 4 years now, so hang in there. And keep a diary while you go through the chemo...you'll be amazed a couple years from now, that you got through that [censored].
My heart goes out to you.
Feel free to reply if you want.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#11102 - 10/21/00 04:42 AM

Thank you, Anonymous. It's reassuring to know that someone has had a similar situation and has (and is) getting through it. I do try my best with both written and video journals when I can (usually my emails out to people have been my written journals), and I do go back on them periodically to see how I'm progressing.
It has not been easy, and the effects are getting harder to take. I just had to skip a treatment due to fevers/chills, so still - 6 more treatments to go, so I'm trying to be more positive about this all over again.
I'm glad you beat your bout with Lymphoma, it's reassuring to know that possibly I could, too.
Thank you for responding, it means a lot to me. Please take good care of yourself.

~

Double Wammie
Unregistered

#11103 - 10/21/00 04:43 AM

Thank you, Anonymous. It's reassuring to know that someone has had a similar situation and has (and is) getting through it. I do try my best with both written and video journals when I can (usually my emails out to people have been my written journals), and I do go back on them periodically to see how I'm progressing.
It has not been easy, and the effects are getting harder to take. I just had to skip a treatment due to fevers/chills, so still - 6 more treatments to go, so I'm trying to be more positive about this all over again.
I'm glad you beat your bout with Lymphoma, it's reassuring to know that possibly I could, too.
Thank you for responding, it means a lot to me. Please take good care of yourself.

~

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2567

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3