The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Announcements >> HIV Events and Community Happenings

Pages: 1
adamneedsupport

Reged: 01/10/13
Would you take 15 minutes to help change the life of another HIV positive individual?
      #270086 - 01/10/13 08:49 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Adam and I am a Clinical Psychology PhD candidate trying to finish his dissertation. This is the last step I need to complete before receiving my degree. I have been HIV positive since the age of 16 and have struggled through undergraduate and graduate school to find myself being stuck finding participants for my study at the finish line. My current focus and hopes for my career are to continue to work in the HIV community and with LGBT individuals. The survey has been IRB approved by my school and confidentiality is guaranteed. One individuals completing the survey will receive a $100 Visa gift card upon study completion if they wish to register their email for a random drawing. The study focuses on relationship satisfaction and possible growth that has occurred since receiving a diagnosis of HIV/AIDS. Requirements to complete the survey are you must be 18 years of age, a gay identified male, and have been in some type of intimate relationship for at least 3 months (dating, boyfriends, domestic partners, married, open) since receiving your diagnosis. Results of this study can also be requested upon completion of the study. Below is a copy of the flyer that includes the online link where you can quickly take the survey. Your help and time means so much to me and I am truly grateful for anyone who would take the time to help me move on to the next chapter of my life a begin my career and dream of being a psychologist.

Volunteers Wanted for a Research Study

California School of Professional Psychology

Personal growth, Relationship Satisfaction, and Emotional Wellbeing in a Sample of Gay Men with HIV/AIDS

The purpose of this research study is to better understand personal growth and its effects on relationship satisfaction and emotional wellbeing among gay men with HIV/AIDS. More specifically, this study is designed to measure the relationship of posttraumatic growth (after diagnosis of HIV/AIDS) and relationship satisfaction to mental health.

Volunteers must be gay identified men with HIV or AIDS who are currently in a relationship of at least three months in length (open or monogamous) and are over the age of 18.

Interested volunteers will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a $100.00 Visa gift card.

To learn more about this research, please call:
Adam Kessinger, M.A.
(323) 360-6044

OR access research information online from and to complete the survey:
https://alliant.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2bfYcNni2StoOa1

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bartleby, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is disabled

Thread views: 1636

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement