Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> African Americans

Pages: 1
southernpride34

Reged: 05/21/12
Question...
      #263235 - 05/24/12 07:08 AM

Ive been positive for 13yrs now. Yes there have been ups and downs and i worry like crazy. I was even married to a man who i thought loved me, but he only caused more harm than good. Im a single mother of 3and one of my boys has autism/pdd, my days arent easy. There is someone who is neg who knows about my status and keeps telling me that he doesnt mind. We have spoken about different issues when it comes to this subject and i cant change his mind, my question is should i believe him and give him a chance? He says he loves me and ive been knowing him for over 10 yrs. He is locked up currently and my fear is that hes saying this now but what will happen when he comes home, im afraid of being hurt again. I feel damaged because i am positive and that this is a brick wall that will only get taller. Please advise...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
lovableo

Reged: 11/22/11
Re: Question... new
      #263239 - 05/24/12 06:44 PM

Hello Southernpride34,
I've been positive for 13yrs also. I'll be 43 this Aug coming up. I have one child, he's deployed now to Afghanistan. He's in the Marine Corps. I understand how you feel concerning trust issues. My first husband infected me knowingly. I didn't let his dishonesty and how I felt about him carry over into my new relationships. I married again and he was neg. I made sure I was honest with him totally upfront. He said he still wanted to get married and we did. When we divorced it had nothing to do with HIV it had to do with finances. So if this man truly love you whether he is neg or pos shouldn't make a difference long as you both know what's up. Now him being in prison is a different issue. That is a wait and see how he act when he get out. If he continues to be the loving person once he's free as he was locked up then give him a chance and take it slow. I do wish you much happiness. If you want to talk further send me a private message. I'm still looking for that nice loving man to come alone for me I live in Illinois.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MylesatTheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1080

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3