Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> African Americans

Pages: 1
BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
Important: Share YOUR take on Living With HIV.
      #247946 - 10/12/09 01:18 PM

Hi,

There are a lot of people out there today spreading the idea that living with HIV is now just "a piece of cake", "no worse than living with diabetes", and so forth. As a result, the urgency to fund research into the development of a vaccine and the discovery of a safe and affordable cure is being lessened. Also, the importance of HIV- people being careful to stay HIV- is in effect being weakened.

So please tell YOUR STORY at the following site. You can write anonymously if you wish.

http://www.worldaidsday.org/

The exact page for telling your own story is at:
http://www.worldaidsday.org/Share-your-story.aspx

Writing your view of "Living with HIV" could help change important policies.

Best Wishes.
BWB.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
yumyum

Reged: 10/14/08
Loc: Jonesboro GA
Re: Important: Share YOUR take on Living With HIV. new
      #248590 - 11/25/09 09:05 AM

Good Morning

It depends on where you live, your class, job, and etc. I feel kind of lonely because I don't know many people living with HIV. The group session i went to when i first found out; there was alot of people who where NA, AAA, and I could not relate, or i was not in the click. I am not downing these groups, but I want friends who want to live, not use the system to get over. I am undetected, and looking for friend that I can talk with on the telephone, or maybe hang out. My Husband died last year, and my family members do not talk about. All of the programs are in the morning, and I do not know of any in my area ( Jonesboro GA), and I have a full-time job. I have been on my job for 12 yrs, and infected since 2004, and raising a four year old grandson. I am lonely.

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #248591 - 11/25/09 10:29 AM

Hello Yum Yum,

If I'm not mistaken, Jonesboro is less than an hour from Atlanta, GA. If you Google "HIV Support + Atlanta, GA" you should get links to several groups that may have folks who could relate to what you're going through.

Best of luck, as you go through this difficult time. Your grandson is lucky to have you, and he needs for you to stay emotionally healthy. (I can't imagine raising a four yr old. )

Let me know if the Goggle search works for you.

Gary

Waicigo22

Reged: 04/06/10
Loc: Kenya
      #249970 - 04/07/10 06:40 PM

Hi yumyum,
Hallo i came across your experience on this site an iwould like to know you more

--------------------
Ken

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MylesatTheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3869

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3