Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> African Americans

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
deeva

Reged: 02/22/06
THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY
      #176608 - 02/22/06 08:10 PM

DENIAL,ITS A GAY WHITE MAN"S DISEASE,STIGMA ,HYPOCRTICAL BLACK LEADERS: JESSE JACKSON AND AL SHARPTON COME TO MIND! THE BLACK CHURCH:YOU"RE A SINNER THATS WHY YOU HAVE IT! APATHY OF THE WHOLE COMMUNITY: NOT INVESTIGATING TO FIND OUT WHY HIV/ AIDS IS DISPROPOTIONATELY AFECTING OUR COMMUNITY! WHY IT APPEARS TO BE A CREATED ENTITY (MAN-MADE)! BIASNESS ABOUT BMSMS HENCE DLS !NO RADICAL BLACK HIV ORGS! POLITICAL APATHY:BILLIONS FOR BUSH'S FAKE WAR, BLOCK GRANTS AND CUTS FOR HIV SERVICES E.G. HOUSING AND FOOD !THE DISAPORA:MILLIONS OF BLACKS DYING ABROAD... A GENERATION OF ORPHANS AND THE SYSTEMATIC GENOCIDE OF A CONTINENT! THE APATHY OF BLACK ENTERTAINMENT MOGULS:POSTERS AND THOUSANDS FOR CHARITIES MILLIONS FOR JACOB THE JEWELER......BLING BLING! NEED I SAY MORE?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE BLACK COMMUNITY new
      #176631 - 02/22/06 09:29 PM

u go girl...

rain05
Fanatic

Reged: 01/24/06
Loc: MD
      #176671 - 02/22/06 11:57 PM

That's right Gooone head with your bad self!!!

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #176674 - 02/23/06 12:13 AM

i cant even read it because of the case.. can someone translate for me?? is this slaming someone something or is there something nice being said here... I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE..

firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #176682 - 02/23/06 01:47 AM

........ummmmm, What?

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #176871 - 02/23/06 10:47 PM

i sense a great anger, oh innocent one. AND NICE FUCKING POTTY MOUTH ERIC!! LMAO!!

sesemoore

Reged: 02/16/06
      #176931 - 02/24/06 07:31 AM

all thats well and good but me being a african american female the resources are out here you just have to know how to get them. if your concerned about the black community do something about it be part of the solution to stop the spread of HIV I am doing my part in conjuction with black churches.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#177042 - 02/24/06 03:13 PM

no darling, you needn't say more!
it's funny how people always deny something cos it has never happened to them, heck, people are in denial about their status even now. i bet you so many of the so called celebs are hiv pos, but still turning their backs on people who need their support. this world is so sick and twisted....but none the less God is on our side!

rain05
Fanatic

#177245 - 02/25/06 08:07 PM

Potty mouth... You guys are funny. I too sense a lot of anger. However, I think what the poster is trying to say is that the black community is ignoring the true problem and focusing on things that don't really matter. The elephant in the room for blacks is HIV is really what the poster was shouting i guess. At least that's my take on it.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #177254 - 02/25/06 09:32 PM

the greatest threat to any community is ignorance. reading it a few times helps. i understand her frustration, i'm just not sure an angry approach is the way to go. it's sad that each ethnicity prioritizes differently. it's sad that we can't all agree on issues like HIV/AIDS, education, welfare, job assistance etc... but each individual has to take some sort of responsibility for their own actions. regarless of race, sex, age... i had every opportunity in the world to educate myself.. before i was HIV+ - i chose NOT to do that. why? because it could never happen to me. i was ignorant about my own health. i am not going to let my government, church, family, friends no one keep me from knowing everything i need to know- now. if i have to do my own research & talk to everyone on the face of the earth who has HIV/AIDS, i will. i understand funding is limted in areas, and there seems to be road block after road block. I KNOW, I HAD TO DO IT! medications, insurance companies, doctor after doctor after doctor & the bloodwork, vaccinations & echocardiograms, the gynocologist, missed 6 weeks of work, bills due. i know. been there, done that. i just think maybe with everything that deeva is saying is because maybe she's a little overwhelmed. once the dust settles, it's all smooth sailing (for the most part) wouldn't you agree?

rain05
Fanatic

#177409 - 02/27/06 12:56 AM

Darling, I can't wait for the dust to settle. Please settle!! I agree with you hellfire, we all deal with this differently. I have a lot of anger myself. However, my anger is directed at myself, because like you, i had every opportunity to protect myself. I just didn't think that it could happen to me. I could not imagine that there were people out there that would keep their status a secret and would be in a relationship with someone without letting them know. Now, I'm angry as hell at that one there let me tell you. Some how i am simply going to have to deal with the anger and guilt that i carry around. My husband is dealing with it in his own way. I wish that I had his out look on life. Sometimes i think, if I could beat the you know what out of that ...... What would that solve?? I have come to the conclusion that living well is the best revenge. I plan to take out my revenge by living well and positively with this desease. God! I love being able to talk to you guys.

Be Blessed

deeva

Reged: 02/22/06
      #177647 - 02/28/06 12:12 PM

IT DEPPENDS "SUGAR" IF YOU LIVE IN A LARGE METRPOLITAN AREA .... E.G. NYC PREHAPS THAT IS THE CASE.....HOWEVER IF YOU LIVE IN OTHER "AREAS" OF THE COUNTRY THE PICKINS ARE SLIM TO NON-EXISTANT.......AS A MEMBER OF GMHC AND A PERSON WHO HAS MARCHED TO WASHINGTON....FOR SERVICES....I REITERATE UNTIL RECENT THE BLACK CHURHES HAVE REMAINED LARGLY SILENT ....WITH THE EXCEPTION BEING "THE BALM OF GILEAD! IT IS NOW WHEN THIS PANDEMIC THREAGHTENS OUR EXISTANCE DOMESTICALLY AND ABROAD ...NOW THEY REALIZE THERE IS A PROBLEM..... THE BIBLE SAYS.."PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH."...APPARENTLY THAT DOES NOT APPLYTO THE NOTORIOUS ADULTERERS WHOSE SCANDELOUS ESCAPADES HAVE BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED IN THE MEDIA......AS A LOVER OF CHRIST...I OWE MY ALLIGIANCE TO HIM ......NOT YOU OR YOUR BLACK CHURCH!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180128 - 03/15/06 06:53 PM

I was one of the hyprocritical church leaders who stayed away from the HIV/AIDS issue. Now, I think that I might be infected and am finally realizing the hell that others are going through. I pray that my latest results prove that the earlier one was false. If so, I committment to helping those who need us most (rejected HIV/AIDS sufferers) will see a difference in my attitude.

rain05
Fanatic

#180390 - 03/16/06 10:38 PM

I pray that your results come out for the better. I think that no matter what pos or neg, your eyes are now wide open.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#186293 - 04/13/06 02:12 PM

I feel what you're saying...Not because I once shunned those infected with the virus, but because I know people who have until it hit very close to home...

But why should it have to come to that point? We need to make others SEE that it can happen to them just as easily...and they, too, may be treated that way...

It's cazy. Without going too deep into a religious conversation, I must say this: There are no half-messages. If you preach love, then be about love, in it's totality. And so forth...feel me?

darnell.walker@aidsservice.org

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MylesatTheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23767

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3