Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
dee261985

Reged: 06/23/11
ive been hiv possive for five years
      #256302 - 06/23/11 09:32 PM

ive been possive for five years and dont no how to deal with it im single 25 n when i meet people the min i tell them i have hiv they turn me down im not like most people i do tell them i dont no what to do can eny 1 help me

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
iam1
Fanatic

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: ive been hiv possive for five years new
      #256346 - 06/28/11 07:46 PM

Keep doing as you've been doing! If nothing else you should feel an inner pride for being forthright and honest about your medical condition.

I think much of the problem with other people being told (particularly the people you're telling) is that the subject of HIV suddenly comes out into the open. It's not so bad to be the one on the other side of the room they can stand and point at. But, when it's in their faces as it needs to be they suddenly want to try to hide from it.

Fear and ignorance. The 2 major culprits fighting every successful anti-HIV program.

Society is still at the point where if you have HIV you're going to die. Not so quickly anymore, but you're still labled as "INFECTIOUS! KEEP AWAY!" I expect to see the Robot running around shouting "Danger Will Robinson! Danger!!!"

And, being that you're 25 the crowd you're hanging out with is so much more naive. Or, maybe just plain stupid. If they don't talk about HIV it doesn't exist in their world. I'd be floored if several of the people you approach aren't also HIV+. Perhaps they don't know. And, don't want to know. If they knowingly slept with someone who is HIV+ they might have to get tested. Then their little world balloon would explode.

Keep doing what you're doing. Be honest with people. It's only right. (And, legal.) If they don't want to associate with you then I would have to guess that's their loss. You will find others who are more intelligent and accepting. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen.

And, as long as you're honest you can always wake up in the morning and face yourself in the mirror. I'd imagine many of the people who reject you haven't seen their true reflection in many years....

topher603

Reged: 06/28/11
Loc: rural New Hampshire
      #256347 - 06/28/11 08:25 PM

I know its really hard to get rejected time after time after time especially when you are being upfront and truthful. Something a friend discovered was that if he tried to get to know people first...let them know who you are..not just that you are HIV positive, that there is a better chance of meeting someone who will eventually want to meet you regardless of your status. It does take time and patience and you may often feel that you are educating the world about something that most people should know about but it may minimize some instant rejection from those who run away from hearing anyone say that they are HIV positive. Good luck to you!!

MiamiPoz

Reged: 06/21/11
Loc: Miami, FL USA
      #256349 - 06/28/11 11:48 PM

My friend we (poz guys) are in the same boat. My suggestion would be to try to meet other poz guys. Keep being honest. Sooner or later you would meet somebody smart who can see through you, not through a condition.
It is sad how human beings react before this.
Most guys are not afraid to go to bed with somebody without knowing his status, but once they know the status, they get afraid. I only wonder how many times they slept with a positive guy

RichardL

Reged: 03/29/11
Loc: Norfolk VA
      #256392 - 07/01/11 04:48 PM

I believe I am still negative and it wasn't until I dated a positive guy that I started to break down my misplaced fears and stereotypes of positive guys. Ironically, after I started reading and learning more about HIV, I realized that the guy I was dating was the only guy whose status I knew for sure. I took a chance and met an incredible guy and one of the most beautiful people on this earth. His status was just a small part of him that I eventually got past but for other reasons, our relationship didn't last. There are too many negative guys who don't understand or learn about HIV until after that fateful conversation with the doctor and a positive test result. As a community, we should be more understanding of those with HIV, and unfortunately, we are too often the most discriminatory and hurtful in that regard. Whether you choose to serosort or try for a magnetic relationship, there are good people out there who will love you for who you are. For the people who can't see past your status, they aren't people you need in your life.

Positive_Dude

Reged: 07/06/11
      #256461 - 07/06/11 11:39 PM

First of all let me tell you
How Proud You should Be of letting people know.
Unfortunately we need to realize that many for many people it is a Human Life Conservation instinct of running away from things we fear or destroying it as well.
In our case, for people not being properly informed makes people run away.
There are HIV infected people that don't tell anyone and they are only spreading this disease, they are assasins in a way for my point of view, at least.
The right person you are looking for will appear in your Life so don't feel bad. Just keep trying.
Also, you can try joining Positive Singles or other HIV related websites. This also helps a lot, truly does.
Have Faith and Take Care... Gorgeous...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3541

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3