The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> I Just Tested Positive

Pages: 1
ExWorryWart
Regular

Reged: 12/21/05
For you all: What were your symptoms like?
      #167817 - 12/25/05 09:13 AM

Please, be as detailed as possible.
Thanks
WW

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: For you all: What were your symptoms like? new
      #167826 - 12/25/05 03:11 PM

You know what... If I tell you, you will worry!! I am not being funny Worry... There are so many symptoms that parallel an hiv diagnosis. You will become your name. If you have been exposed or think you have, simply go get tested. Symtpoms are posted all over the board. But I would refrain from going this route of self diagnosis. For me, I am HIV positive with my numbers listed below and I have had no symptoms other than a night sweat or two, but ive had those when I have had flu etc. But if I let this run its course, I will develop something. That is why I get tested annually and can nip it in the bud prior to it becoming a problem. You See?

Love to you Worry and just dont..

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Opps forgot to sign on.. new
      #167827 - 12/25/05 03:13 PM

Worry that was my two cents above..

Bear60
Veteran

#167829 - 12/25/05 05:02 PM

First of all, why are you worried? If you havent been tested then get tested and if you are negative then stop worrying.
Secondly, my experience has been that 100% of people I know who got tested and were positive went right out and discussed it with their doctor or found a good HIV ( Infectious Disease) doctor. Usually they had NO symptoms.
Third. Most common symptom of HIV I know of is "thrush"..a fungal infection....in the mouth. I do know someone who has it in his stomach.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

ExWorryWart
Regular

Re: Opps forgot to sign on.. new
      #167830 - 12/25/05 06:22 PM

Thanks everyone! Means a lot to me! I have my thread under Am I infected...will update it here and there when I get my results. Please pray for me until Jan 1st week. I will get all my results by the end of 1st week of Jan
Love you all and thanks a lot..Will keep you all in my prayres too.
God Bless you
WW

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

franfrog
Unregistered

#167832 - 12/25/05 08:09 PM

I had no symptoms until I ended up in the hospital with PCP. You can not assume you are or are not poz because of a symptom. If you feel like you are at risk get tested if not don't worry.
Fran

ExWorryWart
Regular

#167869 - 12/26/05 01:39 PM

At least I know for sure I don't have the 'thrush'. Let's see I have my results next monday. I don't know how to get courage to go and see my test results...Any suggestions on how to build up courage? At this point I am absolutely unsure if I will ever go and look at my test results.
WW

--------------------

shadesofgrey
Veteran

Reged: 12/02/05
      #167875 - 12/26/05 03:57 PM

once when i was going, i popped a xanax an hour before and went. i almost didnt go through the door, it was negative that time, now i need to have a test and cant get the courage to do it

franfrog
Unregistered

#167878 - 12/26/05 05:24 PM

Best thing is to just go. Poz or negative it is not a death sentence. Just think the sooner you find out the better off you are if you are poz. I waited until I was t-cell of 52 and AIDS defining illness. I wish I found out sooner but I feel good and am glad I know now.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Thrush is the most common HIV symptom??? new
      #168154 - 12/29/05 06:39 PM

Do you mean in the beginning stages, thrush is the most common HIV symptom? I've heard otherwise. I went to a clinic after taking antibiotics and having white film on tongue. One doc looked at tongue and said it was thrush. Another doc at a different place said it wasn't since there weren't any lesions. Don't know what to think! I had a negative test a month after exposure but now it's 6 weeks and i still have it! Any words of advice, wisdom, knowledge? Thanks in advance

ExWorryWart
Regular

Re: Thrush is the most common HIV symptom??? new
      #168158 - 12/29/05 07:12 PM

sometimes you wonder it is better to not read any thing off the internet right?
WW

--------------------

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170085 - 01/17/06 02:10 PM

I am waiting for my pcr and I am heavily medicated.Got all the symptoms in the book!!So I know what you are going through.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7628

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3