Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Family and Friends >> My Loved One Has HIV/AIDS

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

How long does it take for meds to work?
      #133758 - 01/29/05 01:45 AM

After one month on HAAART my loved ones counts are, in comparison to 100000 viral load and cd of under 20, the viral load is now 325 and cd4 is 35. I've heard it takes 3-6 months to get the viral load undetectable and longer to get the cd4 back over 200. Does anyone have any experience with going from AIDS back to HIV status?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: How long does it take for meds to work? new
      #133817 - 01/30/05 09:13 PM

It takes time. Every person's immune system is different.
Is he also taking vitamins and did he get a resistance test before he began meds? (If not, make sure he takes one now...you want to make sure you have active meds)
Also make sure he eats well and sleeps well and feels relaxed and not tense.

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134023 - 02/04/05 05:15 PM

the health officals say one diagnosed as aids your always considered aids theres no going back to hiv status.

disn't make sense to me either but neither does this illness in general. If it makes you feel better aids/hiv are just words. all depends on opportunistic infections. Life is full of words hon don't let it get to you . Im so called aids but feel great and thats what counts

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134702 - 02/19/05 11:37 PM

Yes, I've been reading up and I guess the question is "when the counts go back up over 200 is the immune system as strong as it is in a negative person or one whose immune system didn't drop below the mark" I am going to call it back to HIV and to hell with what the experts say. Hows that for a deal. i will say my husband had AIDS but now he's only HIV. Maybe blow their mind a little bit, huh?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#134824 - 02/23/05 12:16 PM

the truth is nobody knows much about the virus, nobody knows about the new strain if at there is one, nobody knows how to treat hiv without damaging our organs, nobody knows when to start meds, nobody knows where hiv came from, nobody knows - I dont care myself anymore

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
      #134941 - 02/25/05 03:15 PM

Ive inuired into the same question. I was told once your classified as aids , your classification cannot go back to HIV. Didn't make sense to me either but its a goverment thing which explains part of why
. Way i see it , its only a word. Actually you can get more helpbeing listed as aides. But I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. Just be happy that his meds are working Thats all that really matters....RIVER

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4783

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement