Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
virginmary

Reged: 12/10/10
TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby?
      #262298 - 04/06/12 07:17 AM

Hi all,

i have been feeling extremely exhausted the past week and i'm finding it hard to concentrate. My job requires that i see clients on a regular basis and meet sales targets etc, however my energy levels just wont pick up. I got my cd4 count yesterday and it has dropped to 202. Last time i checked it was 430. The doctor says i must start meds immediately. Will be starting next week. I dont know whether i'm shocked, stressed, anxious or just numb but i can't get myself to o anything right now. Would it be wise to take a week or 2 off work? I've only been with my current employer for 4 months. Beside the constant fatigue, i'm not feeling sick but the past week i've been making silly mistakes at work coz i can't think straight and i dont want that to continue and cost me my job. If i ask for time off while i start my meds, what will i give as the reason to my boss?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cm82391
Regular

Reged: 03/08/12
Loc: Reno NV
Re: TOO TIRED TO DO MY JOB... Am i being a crybaby? new
      #262309 - 04/06/12 05:35 PM

It might be that you're just thinking to much into it.

You never have to give specific reasons as to why you need time off, regardless of it being a new job. Just tell them personal reasons and that should be enough!

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #262351 - 04/08/12 08:48 PM

Though saying you have personal reasons should be enoug we know that in reality being with a new job , needing to take a coupe of weeks off isn't the wisest thing for the security of your job. Once you start taking your meds you'll see you t-cells go up which will make you feel better. The fatique could also be from stress. Try taking some sub-lingual b12, You will be able to work while taking your meds. Before you do anything with your job , start your meds and see how it goes. The yuckies are only for a short while and if you take your meds at night you'll sleep through them. Believe me, I've been taking meds for 18 years and pos for over 20. Message me if you want to talk more.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Lngisme

Reged: 03/06/12
      #262449 - 04/12/12 02:24 PM

I understand completely how you are feeling, I had the same thing happen to me. I've worked since I was 17 and I was diagnosed at age 40, I definitely had to leave work and take some time to adjust to the meds, mentally and physically. I'm on disability for the time being and I'm taking it one day at a time. Don't beat yourself up if you have to take time for yourself, I did the same thing. Resting and less stress will help you if you decide to take that route. Good luck and contact me if you need to talk to someone.

estanoche

Reged: 09/25/09
      #262456 - 04/13/12 12:33 AM

Usually taking one pill at night time solves the problem depending on your wake time in the morning , if you take 8 to 10 hours before go to work and , and about an hour earlier to go to bed will solve the problem ,taking med is not that bad , as for additional energy you can always take vitamin supplements KPAX one of the best so far I used and help to improve overall health issues too .
Good luck hope you feel better .
Life is great just enjoy it, not to worry much )

messki678

Reged: 04/26/12
      #262687 - 04/26/12 02:23 AM

hi,
i think you must consult a good doctor. not doctor you need surgeon.

--------------------
Pass4sure http://www.pass4sure.com/
Exam 640-802 http://www.pass4sure.com/640-802.html

Vauban

Reged: 05/28/12
      #263348 - 05/30/12 03:39 PM

Absolutely not. You are being honest! Of course most doctors especially shrinks will want to attribute your tiredness to depression which may or may not be the case. HIV, the medication we take and our chronic immune activation ( or immune dysregulation) can also cause a chronic fatigue syndrome.-which we know virtually nothing about. The BIG problem for us is when we must go on disability and having to prove to social security and our private insurance companies that we physically and mentally can't do ANY job what so ever. Disability based on depression is a tough one to sell. Emphasize the physical manifestations of your situation-chronic fatigue, short and long term memory issues, problems concentrating, sleep disturbances, muscle weakness, etc (if you have these symptoms that is). Also consult a disability lawyer if your situation warrants it. As a final note HIV for me is not a chronic manageble disease rather it is a living hell but I'm not about to give up. Good luck.

leathercublon

Reged: 05/28/12
Loc: London UK
      #263354 - 05/30/12 07:59 PM

Just seen your post and to be honest I thought the fatigue was just me at first too. I've been pos without needing treatment for 12 years and my counts, although going in the wrong direction, were considered 'fine'.

The feelings you described are the same that I'm going through too, I know the science and the logic behind it all but ultimately is this about logic?

In London they have done a deal with the drug companies to mainly use one of two options and I feel railroaded despite being reasonably certain neither option is best for me.

How do you find the strength to fight your ground when there's so much going on?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4556

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3