Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Athlete's foot getting worse due to hiv?
      #99144 - 05/25/04 02:47 PM

I've had athletes foot ever since I've been young. My feet always crack and peel. If you were infected with hiv after 13 weeks would it cause your foot problem to get worse? I am noticing more peeling lately.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Chiquilla
Unregistered

Re: Athlete's foot getting worse due to hiv? new
      #99146 - 05/25/04 04:44 PM

Nope. not at all. Athlete's foot is in no way related to HIV. If you're thinking that in 13 weeks your immune system would be already so compromised that you would be suffering from oportunistic infections, don't worry about that for even one second. Anyways.."symptoms" mean nothing in relation to HIV.
However, you sound a bit worried about your HIV status. If you engaged in unprotected sex (not oral, because that has no proven risk), or have been sharing needles, you should go get a test done. It sounds like you are 13 weeks past whatever the exposure was. Why don't you go get a test, as it would be conclusive at this point, and put the whole nasty thing behind you...
It's not worth wasting the precious hours of your life worrying that you have something that you most likely do not have. Get the test done. Trust me, you will feel 1000% better when you pick up your negative results. If you don't want to get the test done somewhere, why don't you get the Home Access Test and do it that way.
Good luck and try not to worry! ok?
Chiquilla

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99148 - 05/25/04 05:17 PM

It was oral on a women but dont I have to wait until 6 months to be 100% sure? Also, is home access accurate?

Chiquilla
Unregistered

#99183 - 05/26/04 09:30 AM

Oral sex presents only a theoretical risk. unless you had a mouthful of blood and she was on her period, you have NO risk. And actually there has never been one proven case of somebody contracting the virus from oral, that's why they call it a THEORETICAL risk.
In this case I see no reason to test. However, if you feel the need for your own peace of mind, 13 weeks is absolutely conclusive and you would have NO REASON to retest.
Home Access is the only FDN approved home test. It is very accurate. It is easy to collect the blood sample, and if for some reason your sample wasn't acceptable, they let you know. I actually used this test myself back in April for my 13 week test. 13 weeks is considered conclusive here and at the CDC, thebody.com, aidsmeds.com, etc...
Good luck, and again...I see no reason for you to test in this situation, as you were not at risk.
good luck!
Chiquilla

Anonymous
Unregistered

#99191 - 05/26/04 10:04 AM

Chiquilla,

Thank you for the advice. I will get my 3 month test just to be on the safe side. Also, you didnt say whether or not your 13 week test was negative but it sounded like it was. If so, congrats. Stay safe and thanks again for answering my question.

Chiquilla
Unregistered

#99281 - 05/27/04 10:07 AM

Yes, it was a big fat negative! Thanks for asking ;) And, don't worry...I will be playing it safe from here on out. I just about worried myself to death during the window period. All that suffering for a few minutes of sex that wasn't even good was SO not worth it. I am going to do everything within my power to never put myself in a situation like this again!
;)
Be safe and take care.
Chiquilla

p.s. Don't even THINK about worrying about your test. You are going to test negative, because you weren't at risk. I would bet my car on that. For real. ;) And I like my car...

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5597

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3