Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

PRE-CUM + HIV
      #81409 - 01/18/04 09:26 PM

I've read a lot of worries and a few post about pre-cum.

In most cases pre-cum is a low low risk esp. with oral sex.

The risk with pre-cum is greater when it comes to anal and vaginal sex, man or woman.

When a penis enters an orafice, not the mouth, it cause little tears in the anal and vaginal wall. Even with pre-cum, the small cuts allow the pre-ejaculate fluid to enter the bloodstream directly. So pre-cum and anal and vaginal sex is a risk. So pulling out is not protection, not even for pregnancy.

Also if you have any STD, like a herpes sore ect, it will make transmission easier.

Pre-cum is less of a risk than full ejaculation, becasue of the sheer volume.

But I must say that people have different amounts of Pre-cum. Some have none, then others have it dripping from their penis. That is another factor. The volume of the pre-cum.

It is hard to get a number of people who were really infected with pre-cum and oral sex becasue people lie about their risk. If you look at the article in THE BODY about Oral sex and HIV transmission, you will see a study where 14 men claimed they got HIV from just oral. But then it was realized that 9 of these men lied and had anal sex, others had swallowed cum, and 2 had really bad dental problems. So that study was thrown out. I will repeat cum is more dangerous then pre-cum becasue of the sheer volume.

Another factor is viral load. people with a low viral load, make it extremely difficult to pass the HIV on. ESP. in low risk activities like pre-cum. Again, just becasue it's a low risk doesn't mean it can't happen. If someone was just infected, they would like have a HIGHER viral load, which means more of the virus would be present in, CUM, PRE_CUM, BLOOD, and BREAST MILK. LOW VIRAL LOAD, low amounts of the virus in those fluids. But the virus is still THERE.

I've read people who claim they got HIV just from pre-cum and oral. While I am incline to believe them when they say that is the only activity they participated, i find it difficult to believe. Its possible, but unlikely in most cases.

So while pre-cum is a very low risk, it is still a risk. So treat it as such. Use protection even with oral. Just to be safe. HAVE SAFE SEX, and HAVE NO WORRIES!!

As Dr. Francino had said in the questions section, new studies have been done or HIV and oral transmission and it is thought to be even lower than previously expected.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 34759

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3